Home Non Cigar Related

How is it....

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
(Im sure this will get political but thats Ok if so)How is it...and I admit I am no economist here....that wages can be stagnant, real wealth be down, income of the bottom half (actually higher) of society be somewhere between stagnant or declining------AND-------the price of goods continue to rise and profits of companies (by in large) do not suffer?

Just thought of this after an article I read on Wal-Mart and am curious when we, collectively, are going to stop drinking the Kool-Aid and realize the real "wars" we are involved in?

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    am curious when we, collectively, are going to stop drinking the Kool-Aid and realize the real "wars" we are involved in?
    When it's too late, probably.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    its so cheap to produce there goods that they take no loss in jacking up the price. If walmart jacks the price, albertsons will follow... and so on. So that jack in price really doesnt hurt walmart... as the people that shop there... will continue to do so regardless.

they make money because they have created an artifical economy that they control. Hard to not shop at walmart when your poor because where else will it be cheaper?

Aj
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    its so cheap to produce there goods that they take no loss in jacking up the price. If walmart jacks the price, albertsons will follow... and so on. So that jack in price really doesnt hurt walmart... as the people that shop there... will continue to do so regardless.

they make money because they have created an artifical economy that they control. Hard to not shop at walmart when your poor because where else will it be cheaper?

Aj
    Sadly, I believe you nailed it, as did Rain.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Vulchor:
    am curious when we, collectively, are going to stop drinking the Kool-Aid and realize the real "wars" we are involved in?
    Tis my fear.....well used to be my fear anyway.....sadly Im just getting to be more "f it".
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Aguments in the comments were workers being paid minumum wage vs why should they be paid more for unskilled labor. And WalMarts charity vs what they gain from it via cheap advertising vs they cant even care for their own workers. All had valid points (for the side they agree with anyway), but none seemed to want to agree even though the class warfare is ongoing......but they are soooo good at making the warfare beween the lowest middle class vs lower middle class vs midddle class------as opposed to the real warfare which is the WEALTHY vs 90+ percent of the rest of us.
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Vulchor:
    People are way too comfort living their surreal lives to notice what is actually going on around them and it's getting worse by the day. The politician and corporations are fully aware of this and they waste no time taking advantage of the situation.

Stop the Earth, I want to get off.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    variant2:
    Stop the Earth, I want to get off.

Now thats a line I can absorb... I want off too!

Aj
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No wonder beer is the same price as bottled water. "Give them bread and circuses"