Home Cigar 101

Mazo vs. Bundle

JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
And since I'm posting questions this morning, I have another one. I see cigars all the time labeled as "mazo of 10" and "bundle of 15". Is there a difference between a mazo and a bundle or is this just an interchangeable term used depending on the circumstances and marketing?

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Interchangable as far as I know. Either is used to basically say "you're purchasing a box amount of cigars, only without the box".

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Simply means cheaper to me in most cases.
    I love to find good cigars in bundles or mazos.
    :-)
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One rep told me that mazo means handful or bunch, so often they will refer to 10 or less as a mazo and 10 or more as a bundle. How true that is, I have no idea.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Maize is the indian word for corn...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if im not mistaken a bundle is a packaging option from a manufacturer. a mazo is cigars that were put together to sell after wholesale but before retail.

i could be wrong and i have no proof it just seems like i have heard that somewhere.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    if im not mistaken a bundle is a packaging option from a manufacturer. a mazo is cigars that were put together to sell after wholesale but before retail.

i could be wrong and i have no proof it just seems like i have heard that somewhere.
    Are you sure you don't have that backwards? Seems as though marketing (and practice) would lead me to be believe it's the other way around.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    I like buttered toast.
    Hays:
    kuzi16:

Are you sure you don't have that backwards? Seems as though marketing (and practice) would lead me to be believe it's the other way around.
    a bundle is usually a packaging set aside for lower costs sticks. they are released as bundles.

mazos are usually in 5s and 10s and from what i have seen are not budget cigars but premium cigars that many dont/cant buy boxes of but they want more than one. a box is broken up, and sent out as mazos.
    again, i could be wrong. i dont really know but that was my thought.

can you explain what you are saying so i can see it better?

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    That awkward moment when it's easier to search Ccom with google, than Ccom itself. Well, I was confused as to what a "mazo" was. Guess I know now.
  • I liked all the speculative answers that I had to chime. Mazo = bundle in Spanish. How the term is used I will leave to the speculators out there.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    What about a wheel?
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    What about a wheel?
    It's on the bus, and it goes round and round
    mmccartneydc:
    What about a wheel?
    thats usually 50 cigars, sometimes called a cabinet if in a box. example: