Home Ratings & Reviews

Looking For Feedback On Cohiba Puro Dominicana & CAO The Sopranos Edition

These are sitting in my cart waiting for me to pull the trigger. The only Cohiba other than isom I have tried is the Cohiba Blacks which I like very much. I will probably holdoff on the Soprano until Special Ed. is in stock here.

Comments

• Haven't tried the Cohiba Puro so I can't tell you anything. My personal experience with the Sopranos really wasn't that great. Started out good but I lost interest about half way through. I know taste is subjective so what I may dislike you may love. The guy that owns the B&M where I go gave me a Padron 64 Anniversary for my birthday, I had heard how great they were and I absolutely hated it. (go ahead guys, boo me. I can take it.). Try one and be your own judge.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I really didn't like the Cohiba Puro Dominicana, tasted really bland to me. The CAO was good, but no where near worth the price tag.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    tyronect:
    Haven't tried the Cohiba Puro so I can't tell you anything. My personal experience with the Sopranos really wasn't that great. Started out good but I lost interest about half way through. I know taste is subjective so what I may dislike you may love. The guy that owns the B&M where I go gave me a Padron 64 Anniversary for my birthday, I had heard how great they were and I absolutely hated it. (go ahead guys, boo me. I can take it.). Try one and be your own judge.
    I am gonna try a Padron 1964 tonight....EDIT...God Of Fire it was...lol
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Diamondog:
    tyronect:
    Haven't tried the Cohiba Puro so I can't tell you anything. My personal experience with the Sopranos really wasn't that great. Started out good but I lost interest about half way through. I know taste is subjective so what I may dislike you may love. The guy that owns the B&M where I go gave me a Padron 64 Anniversary for my birthday, I had heard how great they were and I absolutely hated it. (go ahead guys, boo me. I can take it.). Try one and be your own judge.
    I am gonna try a Padron 1964 tonight....
    I love them...they are in the running for my fav stick everytime I smoke one
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    These are sitting in my cart waiting for me to pull the trigger. The only Cohiba other than isom I have tried is the Cohiba Blacks which I like very much. I will probably holdoff on the Soprano until Special Ed. is in stock here.
    I liked the black I had but not worth the price if you ask me.
    The soprano's are good but if your going to get one get a soldier or if you can find them, the Tony Soprano. Some places still have the sampler in stock, they run like 50 or so bucks and you get 1 each of all 4. I have had all of them, and it was a tough sell to either get a box of soldier or get the tony soprano set though 800 bucks made me settle with the soldier. What special edition are you speaking of? Is CAO bringing the Tony back out?
  • Just to square things up, I'm not picking on Padron or anyone's taste. I know they are supurbley crafted cigars that a great many people enjoy. Their taste however, for some reason, just doesn't suit me. What I was implying was that just because someone says it's good doesn't mean you'll think so. I've had 2 Padron 64s and they were each the same. Maybe it's just me, I don't know.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    neither live up to the hype. for the same money go with an avo domaine.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    tyronect:
    Just to square things up, I'm not picking on Padron or anyone's taste. I know they are supurbley crafted cigars that a great many people enjoy. Their taste however, for some reason, just doesn't suit me. What I was implying was that just because someone says it's good doesn't mean you'll think so. I've had 2 Padron 64s and they were each the same. Maybe it's just me, I don't know.
    I'm not big on them either.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    tyronect:
    Just to square things up, I'm not picking on Padron or anyone's taste. I know they are supurbley crafted cigars that a great many people enjoy. Their taste however, for some reason, just doesn't suit me. What I was implying was that just because someone says it's good doesn't mean you'll think so. I've had 2 Padron 64s and they were each the same. Maybe it's just me, I don't know.
    I'd agree with your assessment. I'm a big Padron fan, but I know not everyone is going to like their cigars, in fact I know more than a few on here don't care for them. Smoke what you like I say.

Similar to that, a lot of people on here like Gurkha...I don't personally care for 95% of what they put out, personal taste.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    I really enjoyed the CAO Sopranos. It was not worth the 19.95 B&M price tag though. I thought it was well constructed and burned very well. I was suprised in all of this sonce I had the big boy of the sizes. Its defintely worth trying atleast once. Ive been eyeing a deal for 2 Sopranos plus a free 5-pack on a company that people say is the same company as cigar.com (unverified).

Oh and tyronect.........booooooooo! lol
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'm with most everyone else here, the Sopranos is a pretty good smoke, but definately not worth the MSRP. If you can get a good deal on them though, give 'em a shot.