Home General Discussion

5 Vegas!!!

Is there a better brand? Everything I've tried from them so far has been great. Seem to be one of the best bang for your buck smokes. Am I alone on this?

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    For the price it is hard for me to find a brand that is as consistant as 5 Vegas, but I think my favorite maker would have to be Don Pepin. I haven't had a Don Pepin smoke yet that wasn't good. If any of you find the El Centurion grab it! That is one of his best IMO.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Is there a better brand? Yes. Is there a better one for the same price? No, probably not. I seriously doubt I'll ever be without at least a few 5 Vegas Classics in the humi.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tell you my favorite cigar is a toss up between Gurkha Legend and the 5 Vegas Cask Strength II. I love all of the 5 Vegas blends. I find them to be very consistent and an excellent value for your buck.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I have about 60 5 Vegas resting in my humi right now. Big fan of the whole line.
  • For the money 5 Vegas is hard to beat. Everything they make is excellent. The only thing close in the same price range is Oliva.
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    PuroFreak:
    For the price it is hard for me to find a brand that is as consistant as 5 Vegas, but I think my favorite maker would have to be Don Pepin. I haven't had a Don Pepin smoke yet that wasn't good. If any of you find the El Centurion grab it! That is one of his best IMO.
    Never had anything from Don Pepin, nor do I think there's anything in my humi. Will have to try and get my hands on some.
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    Love the Limitadas!
    TheShaun:
    PuroFreak:
    Never had anything from Don Pepin, nor do I think there's anything in my humi. Will have to try and get my hands on some.
    Oh wow! You've gotta try some of the DPG stuff! The El Rey de Los Habanos and the El Centurion are probably the best. If you like a strong spicy cigar go with the Cuban Classic or the Blue Label.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Is there a better brand? Yes. Is there a better one for the same price? No, probably not. I seriously doubt I'll ever be without at least a few 5 Vegas Classics in the humi.
    That's a good statement. I really can't think of any...
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Don Pepin Garcia makes the 5 Vegas line, doesn't he? Anyhow, the 5 Vegas Cask Strength II's are sublime. I also love the A, the Miami, and the Limitada '09.
    I don't think he makes the line, but he makes the Miami.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I've only had the Limitada 2008 and the Relic. I wasn't a very big fan of the Relic, but alot of people like them. I also have never proclaimed myself an afficianado either so you might not want to listen to me.
  • I had the 5 Vegas Classic a while back and found it a little too mild for my tastes. However i really liked the Miami and I am really jonesin' to try some Cask Strength II's. As far as DPG, He's one of my favorite blenders along with AJ and the Olivas.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    With the 5Vegas iam a really big fan of the A series and the Cask Stregnth II ....... ithe limitada's are nice as well but for me iam in love with the A and Cask II......... mmmmmmmmmmm happiness
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    kingjk729:
    With the 5Vegas iam a really big fan of the A series and the Cask Stregnth II ....... ithe limitada's are nice as well but for me iam in love with the A and Cask II......... mmmmmmmmmmm happiness
    Don't forget the Miami. mmm, so good. And the Gold, too! The Gold doesn't get enough props - I can get them for $2 a stick if Jeff from c.com has enough lying around to hook me up, and they are a fabulous lighter smoke. I always keep them around for guests who don't smoke often, but I love them, too.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Ya know, i'd have to agree with the general consensus here. 5 Vegas, for the price, just can't be beat. That's not to say it can't be beat at all, but it's basically a ROI analysis - is that 5 pack of 5 Vegas you can get for same price of one GoF gonna make you as happy? For a lot of guys, that's probably a yes...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    I'm a big fan of these cigars....Especially the Classic and Miami.... On another note...I bought a sample back of the Relic about 6 months ago..smoked 3 of them already....A little disappointed....anyone else have burn issues with this cigar?? Seems like I'm always re-lighting this cigar.....
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    undulac:
    I have about 60 5 Vegas resting in my humi right now. Big fan of the whole line.

So true... 5 Vegas is one of the my favorites yeah my humis are almost 3 brands... 5 Vegas, Oliva, and Gurkha
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Ya know the last three golds i had ...... really didnt do it for me ..... and i was a big gold fan .... all 3 golds came from different locations ..... 1 i bought at a B&M and 2 in trades or passes from others... I originally loved em and now i'll take a Cask II or A series .... iam also looking to try the relics
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    tankbonnies:
    I'm a big fan of these cigars....Especially the Classic and Miami.... On another note...I bought a sample back of the Relic about 6 months ago..smoked 3 of them already....A little disappointed....anyone else have burn issues with this cigar?? Seems like I'm always re-lighting this cigar.....
    That was one of the main issues I had with it. Probably did 10 corrective lights which, for me, is just unsat. Didn't really care for the taste either.
    The Gold is just too mild for me in general, but I really like the Classic for a morning smoke, love the Serie A, Miami, and Limitada 09!
    clearlysuspect:
    tankbonnies:
    That was one of the main issues I had with it. Probably did 10 corrective lights which, for me, is just unsat. Didn't really care for the taste either.
    exactly!!...at least I'm not the only one........
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    TheShaun:
    Is there a better brand? Everything I've tried from them so far has been great. Seem to be one of the best bang for your buck smokes. Am I alone on this?
    TheShaun - PM sent
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I keep a box of serie A, always. The relic always seems to have a tight draw, but good flavor. And the cask strength II has knocked me on my ass a couple times...it's one of the strongest I have smoked. I've had many full bodied smokes, but nothing has ever hit me like that one. I have a few more in my humi, but I'm almost afraid to smoke them, lol.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    That's a good statement. I really can't think of any...
    I agree with this whole-heartedly. I always have a couple of A's and Cask Strengths on hand, and the rest of their lines are all good too. My only complaint would be the Relics, they just aren't consistent enough. One will be awesome, the next will have a draw so tight you feel like your head is going to cave in.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Anyone jumpin on the daily?
    Yep...picked up 2 an hour ago...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive been trying not to buy cigars so i can create room in the humidor because ive been looking at a box or three. this is probably one of the most tempting Daily deals yet and would set me back on my goals.
    I hear yah..I just bought cigars last week and said to myself that I'm not buying anymore till the Forum Blend goes on sale.......Then this morning I see this deal .....just had to do it......I have no self control
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The Classic is OK, the Gold was too mild IMO, I love the CS-II. I am trying the "A" next. Hope it is as good as reviews I have read.