Home Cigar 101

Online purchases

Im new to the forum...and fairly new to the cigar world. I was looking to order from an online, and out-of-country, source (CoH) and was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with this as to what i need to expect with duty tax/customs issues if any.  Planning on starting small, box of 10 sticks, to test the distributor.  I've done some basic research and found a site that stated as long as the purchase was not above 100 cigars the tax did not apply.  That didn't sound right to me for some reason so I figured I would ask here just to be safe.  Any info on the process would be helpful and greatly appreciated!  Thanks fellas

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    It is a faux pas to post about other retailers in cigar.com's forum.

Also, I would not suggest discussing purchasing cigars that are illegal in the US on an open forum based in the US regardless Of the owner of the forum. many have rules against this is very thing.
  • CdozmoCdozmo Posts: 2
    My apologies for the faux pas, I'm not familiar with the etiquette.

Excellent point. Not very well thought out on my part. I attempted to delete, but cannot.   Thank you for your help and suggestions
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Cdozmo:
    My apologies for the faux pas, I'm not familiar with the etiquette.

Excellent point. Not very well thought out on my part. I attempted to delete, but cannot.   Thank you for your help and suggestions
    no troubles. PM me and we can talk.