Home Cigar 101

Thru the nose

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
Do you enjoy breathing in thru your nose with some cigars? When you get sweetness the aroma thru the nose is incredible.

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I just retro hale
    Money can't buy taste
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually do this after I exhale and pull in some of the smoke from the burning cigar. I have a tendency to pick up more "flavors" this way as opposed to any other.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    I usually do this after I exhale and pull in some of the smoke from the burning cigar. I have a tendency to pick up more "flavors" this way as opposed to any other.
    This. This is what it's all about. Fill the nasal cavities, without getting any in the lungs. Perfect.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this is usually what is called "room note"
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    this is usually what is called "room note"
    Room note? Oh well, I smoke outside. I have to remember to purposefully seek out the aroma or it just gets carried away. Most of the time I don't even think about it. But then again, if I were to walk into an area where others are smoking it it would be, of course, the first thing I'd notice.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I usually retro everything anyway....takes some practice to not fry your face off though
  • this is the first that I have ever heard of a room note, and I like the sound of it
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I love walking into my local B&M because the owner is a super loyal Fuente guy. The place has a permanent room note reminiscent of them because it is sort of a small joint and he just burns one after another in there all day. (Some ppl have the best jobs)

It's the only place I've been that smells like that. Great, now I'm going to have to go there this week and overpay like a chump for a chance to smoke in a dry environment. Been raining for 5 days in the CLE.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    As for room note my house smells like a humidor filled with maduros. Sniffin smoke? I do that but its on my evaluation sheet. Its like wine. Opens everything up.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I unconsciously catch myself doing the room note. I find that term interesting and I do notice a subtle different in flavors. I just have to remember to let the smoke cool first or it wreaks havoc on my sinuses.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Try room noteing an AJ new world...it's like a red pepper blast to the sinuses!
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    I love walking into my local B&M because the owner is a super loyal Fuente guy. The place has a permanent room note reminiscent of them because it is sort of a small joint and he just burns one after another in there all day. (Some ppl have the best jobs)

It's the only place I've been that smells like that. Great, now I'm going to have to go there this week and overpay like a chump for a chance to smoke in a dry environment. Been raining for 5 days in the CLE.
    Don't look at it as "overpaying like a chump", look at it as supporting a local business man. I wish I had a b&m closer to me.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:

The extra $ is worth it just to have a nice place to relax and smoke maybe play some dominoes or watch a game.