Home Non Cigar Related

Getting a New Dog

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Well I am HOPEFULLY getting a new puppy later today. I found one at an animal shelter online that is exactly what I've been wanting. A very young Border Collie puppy, black and white, with the little bit longer coat. Little guy looks awesome and should be a great dog for my son to grow up with. I've been trying to think of good names and the only thing I have come up with so far is Ashton... Can't do Rocky because thats my father-in-law's Pit Bull's name. Anyone else have any good cigar related names?

Comments

• Monte?
  • Tat or Tatty
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Hmmm, lots of cool names. What about Puro? ;)

Torano (with the ~) has a cool ring to it
    Ruination! cause you know the little brat is going to "ruinate" the crap out of your place - don't think he won't!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Some damn good ideas! I'm not sure why, but Puro never crossed my mind... It's late and I'm tired. Anyone else got any ideas?
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I actually like Puro.. Or Pepin? You could pronounce it Peppin, instead of Pepeen.. Nico? (Nicaragua)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Diesel
    Corona
    Busto
    Robbie Busto
    Viejo
    Cusano
    Siglo
    And finally because of the Black and White color I'd say CAO (but pronounce it "COW") and it's also because the dog probably looks like a COW!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to make him sound like an aristocrat, call him Graycliff.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    How about Nub? lol ;) or Nestor....or...Reyes,

"Long ashes my friends."

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Vegas or Opus.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Or you could really go nutts and give the dog a full elaborate name like Leon Jimenes Don Fernando! Imagine that conversation....."Oh, he's so cute. What's his name?......"
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    How about ZINO or STRADIVARIOUS or even SEGUNDOS ..... i really think any of these three will work well or maybe even CAIN
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the dog. My girlfriend has a border collie and she's awesome. Very smart dogs, but make sure you've got a good arm. They'll play fetch until your arm falls off.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Kopi as in Kopi Luwak .....Kopi ...short and east to learn ...and the dog will probably pick it up quick too !!! LMAO- Congratulations on the new addition to the family ...I love dogs ...
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Lasabar:
    And finally because of the Black and White color I'd say CAO (but pronounce it "COW") and it's also because the dog probably looks like a COW!
    lol. So awesome.

Dogs are awesome. I've got two, they are both complete idiots, but I love them. We ought to have a "dog pic thread" up.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Don't call him Puro, Puro. That is like naming him Jr. I hate when people do that. MO

What about Siglo. Not a name you hear often, (at all lol)

Border Collies are great little dogs. Smart and always ready to play. Good choice for your son.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    If your father in law's pitbull is named Rockey, why don't you name your dog Patel? If you want to shorten it call him Pat. Opus might be a cool name too.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd call him Lassy. Or Spot.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Well I am HOPEFULLY getting a new puppy later today. I found one at an animal shelter online that is exactly what I've been wanting. A very young Border Collie puppy, black and white, with the little bit longer coat. Little guy looks awesome and should be a great dog for my son to grow up with. I've been trying to think of good names and the only thing I have come up with so far is Ashton... Can't do Rocky because thats my father-in-law's Pit Bull's name. Anyone else have any good cigar related names?
    My aunt breeds border collies. Great dogs, she shows them too, has multiple champions and grands champions.. She is really into it.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    how about Harley, Humphrey, Murphy, Wilson, Chester, Dexter, Gilligan, or Stogie.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    maybe winston
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Name it after Odin's wolf, Fenrir.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I'd call him Lassy. Or Spot.
    I hope that dog drinks BEER!

I always liked "Odie" too!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    This came up a couple of months ago when I got my dog, I think Lasie reccomended Busto then too, after I had already named my dog, lol. I think Maduro would be a good name for a dog too. And yeah, Border Collies are awesome, I was actually looking for either a Border Collie or a Boxer when we ended up getting Bruiser. I couldn't be happier with our little dude though, he is an awesome dog.
    Yea, I have done a lot of research and I think a Border Collie will be the perfect fit for what we want. We actually didn't get the one I was wanting today. I got up and called the shelter, but someone had already got the little guy that morning. I did however find a couple that are only about 8 weeks old and already submitted my application for an awesome little female. I hope we can get her. But since it is a female... I need some good female name ideas now! lol
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    how about Maddy or Maddie. that could be a female name.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Personally I like Lexie ...also my female dogs name ...go ahead Jason , I'll share ...Name the dog Lexie and send me 3 premium cigars ...do you need my addy ? Alright alright , just because I like ya you can use the name for free !!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the owner of a shop in town calls his dog "camacho"
  • JaalJaal Posts: 3

TatuajeVI:
    Lasabar:
    lol. So awesome.

Dogs are awesome. I've got two, they are both complete idiots, but I love them. We ought to have a "dog pic thread" up.

Your dogs must be Canadian

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    +1 for maddy!
    Well I'm just waiting to hear back from the people I submitted the adoption application to. The puppies won't be ready until Nov. 6th, so hopefully next week I'll hear from them. I've been stalling long enough, I miss having a dog.