Home Non Cigar Related

I've survived a year....

bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
Of marriage. The wife and I celebrate our first anniversary tomorrow and just recently purchased our first house. Things are going great! In celebration of it Im enjoying a Room 101 Daruma tonight

Comments

• wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Here to a lifetime more.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Anniversary, Andy and Mrs. Andy!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Well done.
    One God, One Truth
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the 25 year mark, you'll ask yourself what the H you were thinking. ROFL!
    Just kidding. congrats.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well don sir. My girlfriend and I own a house together, next step marriage. Congrats on the one year mark.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. It's crazy how fast this past year. It seems like yesterday we were just getting married.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a very good thing.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrat's on one year Bert, many more. The brainwashing has begun, in 10 or 15 years she will be the boss, not sure how that happens but it does.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! We celebrated 39 years in September! Been together 43! I find it is best if I pick our fights wisely. She can think she is in charge, depending on how important I think the issue is. But then again, we are from a different era. It is not the same world today that it was 40 years ago! Marriage is a great institution, if you find the right woman! Nothing better than having someone to share the good (and bad) times with! Best wishes! Charlie
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats good sir. You settled yet? We need to get together for a celebration smoke.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

matkn293:
    Congrats good sir. You settled yet? We need to get together for a celebration smoke.
    Yea we're all moved in so we can work out a date to get together
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy anniversary!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congratulations!! Here's to many, many more.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873:
    Of marriage. The wife and I celebrate our first anniversary tomorrow and just recently purchased our first house. Things are going great! In celebration of it Im enjoying a Room 101 Daruma tonight

Congratulations, my friend. I hope you have as many more as I have had and then some. My child bride and I were married in June of 1960 and still counting..... ??
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    bert873:
    matkn293:
    Yea we're all moved in so we can work out a date to get together
    we need to find a date to do another STL herf
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you two had a good year and best wishes for many more. I have been living with the same woman for 35 years and I still cannot translate woman speak into man speak but the studing is fun!
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    Congrats!! I'll warn you, time flies. Seems like just a few years ago I got married. I am two days away from our 10 year anniversary, and I still have no idea what to get her.....
    curtiscr79:
    Congrats!! I'll warn you, time flies. Seems like just a few years ago I got married. I am two days away from our 10 year anniversary, and I still have no idea what to get her.....
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    curtiscr79:
    .. My suggestion, get a bigger box and add flowers, candy, and some jewelry.
    brianetz1:
    curtiscr79:
    Haha. Gift of the year? And congrats on 10 years Curtis
    Thanks guys. I think I figured it out last night. I'm taking her ring in to get rhodium plated (White Gold) and while they have it I'm going to upgrade the center stone. It is the only thing I can come up with. Maybe I'll take her on a weekend trip around tax season, it is to close to Christmas to try to even think about it now.
    curtiscr79:
    Thanks guys. I think I figured it out last night. I'm taking her ring in to get rhodium plated (White Gold) and while they have it I'm going to upgrade the center stone. It is the only thing I can come up with. Maybe I'll take her on a weekend trip around tax season, AND GIVE HER A *** IN THE BOX it is to close to Christmas to try to even think about it now.
    ^ FIXED
    brianetz1:
    curtiscr79:
    Thanks guys. I think I figured it out last night. I'm taking her ring in to get rhodium plated (White Gold) and while they have it I'm going to upgrade the center stone. It is the only thing I can come up with. Maybe I'll take her on a weekend trip around tax season, AND GIVE HER A *** IN THE BOX it is to close to Christmas to try to even think about it now.
    ^ FIXED
    HAHAHA
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little test. Without asking your wife===What is her favorite color?