Home Non Cigar Related

The fishing thread

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    photo 3492BC65-709E-4342-B321-F4B7ED7B95E8.jpgWent on Vacation to Bridgeport CA, eastern sierras. Caught this guy on Robinson Creek, non hatchery fish to boot! A hair under 4lbs, it's the largest rainbow I've ever caught!
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    Caught this trout but a bear took it away from me. image
    You made this. Wow. Very crafty sir!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Jetmech_63:
    photo 3492BC65-709E-4342-B321-F4B7ED7B95E8.jpgWent on Vacation to Bridgeport CA, eastern sierras. Caught this guy on Robinson Creek, non hatchery fish to boot! A hair under 4lbs, it's the largest rainbow I've ever caught!
    Looks like you knocked the rainbow off that trout! Nice work!

Suckered myself into buying a lot of crank baits and a rod a guy was selling. 44 various cranks and a veritas 7'medium crank rod. I really need more crank baits. Lol

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys I'm in the market for a new swim jig rod...I figure I want a 7'6 med/hev rod and will pair it with either the hs revo stx or sx spooled with 15lb flourocarbon any suggestions?
    Money can't buy taste
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    image image image a day of shark fishing, caught 4 bonnet head shark, biggest was 18 pounds. I lost one early in the say due to a bad knot, the last one had my hook and leader in its mouth..could tell due to the twist at the end where the knot came undone. Was crazy
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Ok guys I'm in the market for a new swim jig rod...I figure I want a 7'6 med/hev rod and will pair it with either the hs revo stx or sx spooled with 15lb flourocarbon any suggestions?
    shamano crucial
    If you are throwing a revo the. Go with a veritas. They are matched with the revo. Super and I mean super light. I love my STX veritas combo.

matkn293:
    If you are throwing a revo the. Go with a veritas. They are matched with the revo. Super and I mean super light. I love my STX veritas combo.
    i have a veritas already and do like it maybe I'll have to switch around reels...right now I use it for lite pitching with a revo s and 20lb flouro. My draw back from most rods are the guides...for some reason the inserts come out
    Money can't buy taste
    Check out the new abu, we just received them at work
    deejmemixx:
    Check out the new abu, we just received them at work
    micro guides?!
    Money can't buy taste
    Ya, if I remember correctly
    Holy hell!! Wtf!! How did tungsten go up almost $1.50 in a year
    Money can't buy taste
    This thread is not done for the year. Packing up for the first fall fishing trip and first time back in the boat since my arm surgery. Packing up and getting excited. Off to Mark Twain lake tomorrow. Will be back with pictures of slobs (although not sure if it will be our crew or big fishies). Be well all. Catch you on the flip side. Can't wait to smell the exhaust of my VMAX! Ranger all day baby!

Our ride... photo D713BA50-AC08-4E56-BEA3-060F038EB335_zpshaoppacs.jpg Beautiful day... photo D010179C-7246-41FD-9264-A7E0603C0578_zpsygkgoy7u.jpg Couple that I got of the 10 or 12 this weekend... photo E8B2D893-D777-4F60-B3E9-15135EB38EB7_zpsivgwnedb.jpg photo DD64CE6F-EB71-4D24-B260-3053ED967514_zps8tp4b0th.jpg And pops with a couple. photo B94BAB6F-F3EA-408F-8CA3-72DCB814B987_zpswswv5ios.jpg photo BEBC8C65-C4E2-46BF-99B8-52A078619BE2_zpstvl0ax5t.jpg

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heart this thread
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    What do you fish for DZR?

matkn293:
    What do you fish for DZR?
    never mind. Bass!

New toy
    photo 9ED79600-orig.jpg
    Trigger or spinning. What are you pairing it with?

matkn293:
    Trigger or spinning. What are you pairing it with?
    Trigger, for a baitcaster. I'm not sure yet.
    I say get the revo winch for it! Good for deep crankin and big swim baits for the Cali guys
    Money can't buy taste
    My brother gave me this for my new rod.
    photo 1E0AEF07-orig.jpg
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little mayfly I tied last week. image
    danielzreyes:
    photo 1E0AEF07-orig.jpg
    Never fished a Curado but know plenty of people who have and love them. Nice pick up. What kind of lures you typically throw? Never fished Cali. Have not a clue. I would imagine it is a lot of the same but curious.

First Warrior:
    Very nice. That is one good looking fly.

matkn293:
    danielzreyes:
    photo 1E0AEF07-orig.jpg
    Never fished a Curado but know plenty of people who have and love them. Nice pick up. What kind of lures you typically throw? Never fished Cali. Have not a clue. I would imagine it is a lot of the same but curious.
    I like plastics. Occasional jigs and cranks. I know many of you like to power fish but I have the patience and like Texas rigs. I like experimenting with diff types of plastics. This set up I'll be using with swimbaits and maybe cranks. Maybe I'll finally try out the Alabama rig with this set up.
    My brother buys old beach cruisers and fixes them up. He also happens to be a serious bass angler. Check out the gear shifters. He used the bottom ends of rods. I thought it was pretty cool.
    photo 20141127_184424.jpg
    photo 20141127_185146.jpg
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:

Dayumm! I'd eat that beauty, myself..... ??
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For that Mayfly tie I use a 2 or 3 long #16 hook and bend it a bit to give the fly a more natural look. I've got a tying bench set up in my studio and i try to tie a fly every day to keep my hand. Sometimes i crank out a dozen. Great way to relax.