Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Fonseca

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
i have now smoked every cigar that fonseca makes.

i think its safe to say that this is one of my least favorite brands out there right now.

could someone who likes them tell me what i may be missing here?

Comments

• Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I've only had a couple that received in samplers from CCOM. I didn't like either one of them, so I can't help you there.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i have now smoked every cigar that fonseca makes.

i think its safe to say that this is one of my least favorite brands out there right now.

could someone who likes them tell me what i may be missing here?

not a fan either
  • Options
    JFJF Posts: 54
    Got one in a sampler once - it's been a while, but I recall it literally being sour. Sour and dry. Not a fan
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I totally disagree with that. I got 4 or so in a sampler and really like them. It is a very mild stick, so you can't go into it expecting a flavor bomb, but the flavors there are pretty tasty, at least to me. It's a natural tasting smoke to me, what I would call woodsy, floral, and smooth. I recommend them to my friends that don't smoke often, because it's a good simple smoke that's so mild that they won't get turned off of cigars. If you got a sour dry taste I'd guess that either your humidity was off that day, or you didn't let them rest at all. Give it another try, you might be surprised. BTW the stick I'm talking about is the Classic 5-50 robusto. It came in the cuban heritage sampler back before they changed it up.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    maybe that is the problem. if they are more mild than i was expecting, then i may have been smoking fast, thus creating a taste issue.

im still not rushing out to get them but i will be open minded when one crosses my path again.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I've had two of the Robustos and one of the Habana Seleccion... All three had tight draws and the taste was okay, but didn't really hit my palate very well. Not bad, but for a milder smoke I'd rather have a 5 Vegas Gold or a Rocky Patel Connecticut.
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I've had so many 5vegas gold that I prefer these. The gold is tasty, but I'm getting bored of it...
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    I have a Habana Seleccion that has been in my humidor for about 6 months, and before that it was sitting in another guy's humidor for 2 years. For whatever reason, I'm always hesitant to try it.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    I have a Habana Seleccion that has been in my humidor for about 6 months, and before that it was sitting in another guy's humidor for 2 years. For whatever reason, I'm always hesitant to try it.
    I've had kind of the same situation with my Fonseca... rolled a little too tight and burned like doo

Tasted okay though!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I never bought any, but have smoked several. I liked each of them with no negative thoughts. Mild, sweet woody, and what I would call "wheaty" and delivered a pleasant experience.