Home Non Cigar Related

2nd State same problem. Now with video.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Starting to see a trend here.
‘Calibration issue’ pops up on Maryland voting machines

By Kenric Ward,br> Published October 27, 2014
watchdog.org
Voting machines that switch Republican votes to Democrats are being reported in Maryland.

“When I first selected my candidate on the electronic machine, it would not put the ‘x’ on the candidate I chose — a Republican — but it would put the ‘x’ on the Democrat candidate above it,” Donna Hamilton said.

“This happened multiple times with multiple selections. Every time my choice flipped from Republican to Democrat. Sometimes it required four or five tries to get the ‘x’ to stay on my real selection,” the Frederick, Md., resident said last week.

Queen Anne County Sheriff Gary Hofmann said he encountered the problem, too, personally.

“This is happening here as well. It occurred on two candidates on my machine. I am glad I checked. Many voters have reported this here as well,” Hofmann, a Republican, wrote in an email Sunday evening.

Two other Maryland voters reported the same in Anne Arundel County on Friday.

Click for more from Watchdog.org
Conversational question, has any other media reported this story? Well, none of the mainstream that I could find except Fox, but a few smaller non-mainstream certainly are.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Thanks James!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your very welcome.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Your very welcome.
    *you're xoxo ::CCom bro hug::
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A "kinda similar" thing was taking place back in the days of manual voting... before machines did your thinking for you. I was living in Florida in 1958 - 60 and my wife and I went to register so we could vote in the 1960 election. We were asked what party we belonged to and we told them Republican. We were then told that Florida state law required us to register as Democrats but that we could vote for whoever we pleased. Long story cut short is that we were registered as Democrats. It didn't matter a great deal at the time because I intended to vote for JFK anyway but you can imagine what that law did to voter statistics....

I've had people tell me I was full of sh.... Uh, baloney, and that no such law existed but I know d@mned well what we were told and that we were forced to register as Democrats....
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to remember the same thing in Ohio, except there it was switching D votes to R in the last election. This, to me is the problem with electronic data, too easily manipulated.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Amos Umwhat:
    I seem to remember the same thing in Ohio, except there it was switching D votes to R in the last election. This, to me is the problem with electronic data, too easily manipulated.

I also seem to remember this happening before (other years) and I would think that they would have improved the system or changed suppliers by now. Or (wait for it) go back to paper ballots.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Amos Umwhat:

I also seem to remember this happening before (other years) and I would think that they would have improved the system or changed suppliers by now. Or (wait for it) go back to paper ballots.
    I like it. We can wait for it, the counts and recounts, I think it's a less easily distorted method.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chads forever.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

...and so it goes....