Home Cigar 101

What is it? Where are they?

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Obviously a Cigar.com photo and it has left me scratching my head. I have never seen them for sale. The photo shows 7 Golds and the text lists 8.

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember any 5V salomon, hmm...
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Call them up.
    One God, One Truth
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Call them up.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Call them up.

I e-mailed them and I am waiting on an answer. I thought someone on the forum might have some insight/knowledge or the actual cigar.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I know it was around in 2012 but a solamone is really hard to roll so I'm thinking they discontinued it due to cost and construction
    Money can't buy taste
    Well, it seems it was a surprise to a couple of other people. Anyway I got an answer and they found 10, which I bought. Should be interesting.
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I know it was around in 2012 but a solamone is really hard to roll so I'm thinking they discontinued it due to cost and construction

Thanks...it seems you are the only one who knew anything about them.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Lee.mcglynn:

I know JD50 smokes the crap out of the Golds!
    FireRob:
    jd50ae:
    Lee.mcglynn:

I know JD50 smokes the crap out of the Golds!

And the only ones known to exist (things could change) will be in my possession tomorrow. image
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Congrats and hope you enjoy those!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Well, it seems it was a surprise to a couple of other people. Anyway I got an answer and they found 10, which I bought. Should be interesting.
    So what did they tell you I'm wondering?
    Rhamlin:
    jd50ae:

The 2 at CCom that got on it said they had never seen them before and went on a hunt, the results of which are here..

, so at this time and as far as I know this is all there is.
    very nice jd. glad the folks at ccom were able to "do some digging" and find these for you.

i hope you enjoy them.
    that looks like a monster of a cigar though!
    any idea what the RG // length is?

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Cigar.com FTW!
    One God, One Truth
    jgibv:
    very nice jd. glad the folks at ccom were able to "do some digging" and find these for you.

i hope you enjoy them.

7 inches long and (guess) 52-54 ring size.
  • Bad_MonkeyBad_Monkey Posts: 110
    jd50ae:
    Rhamlin:
    jd50ae:

The 2 at CCom that got on it said they had never seen them before and went on a hunt, the results of which are here..

Makes me wonder what else is sitting around that warehouse that no one remembers. Anyone want to form up an expedition?
    Bad Monkey:
    jd50ae:
    Rhamlin:
    jd50ae:

Makes me wonder what else is sitting around that warehouse that no one remembers. Anyone want to form up an expedition?

I think that may have occurred to someone at CCom. But I am ready to go.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Bad Monkey:
    jd50ae:
    Rhamlin:
    jd50ae:

I think that may have occurred to someone at CCom. But I am ready to go.
    I'm willing to volunteer my time. Less than an hour away from me and I wouldn't mind stopping at Sands on the way home. :)
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    imageimage
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
    jimmyv723:

Guess we better pack a lunch....or 2
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    wahooschock:
    jimmyv723:
    imageimage

Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

jd50ae:
    jgibv:

i hope you enjoy them.

phew! that's a monster.
    bet you'd need a few extra cups of coffee to get through one of those in the morning. probably a 2-3 hour long smoke.

jgibv:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

i hope you enjoy them.

phew! that's a monster.
    bet you'd need a few extra cups of coffee to get through one of those in the morning. probably a 2-3 hour long smoke.

Or a bottle of some good libation. Anyway I won't know for a couple of months. I am going to send one out in a bomb and horde the rest, though I do have to wonder how long they were unknown and aging.
  • krebsiekrebsie Moderator Posts: 86 admin
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

i hope you enjoy them.

phew! that's a monster.

Or a bottle of some good libation. Anyway I won't know for a couple of months. I am going to send one out in a bomb and horde the rest, though I do have to wonder how long they were unknown and aging.

If I recall correctly, we got those in around September 2012 or so.
    The more I look at this shape, aside from the cap it looks very similar to the freedom blend. That was a 6.5 x 64 salamon
    krebsie:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

i hope you enjoy them.

phew! that's a monster.

If I recall correctly, we got those in around September 2012 or so.

Thank you for that information.
  • krebsiekrebsie Moderator Posts: 86 admin
    Ken Light:
    The more I look at this shape, aside from the cap it looks very similar to the freedom blend. That was a 6.5 x 64 salamon

this 5 Vegas Gold is a 7.1" x 58 salomon
    krebsie:
    Ken Light:

Wow. That's a monster.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    krebsie:
    Ken Light:

Wow. That's a monster.
    thats what she said
    Money can't buy taste