Home Ratings & Reviews

Mason Dixon

BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
Looking forward to feedback/reviews on these. There's a North and South version with two different wrappers.

Comments

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    How were they ever able to find both red and blue wrappers?

First of thousands of possible provincial jokes that could be about these brands.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Looking forward to feedback/reviews on these. There's a North and South version with two different wrappers.

You mean these?
    This is the south version. Will let you know
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Bigshizza:

You mean these?
    Those look tastey
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Bigshizza:

You mean these?
    Very nice Sherm, I'm waiting on mine to come in. Fire one up and let me know if I should cancel, lol
    C-LOVE:
    rsherman24:
    Bigshizza:

You mean these?

Very nice Sherm, I'm waiting on mine to come in. Fire one up and let me know if I should cancel, lol

Can't go wrong with the Crowned Heads so far for me. Held off on the Waltz. Wasn't sure if it would fit my taste, but hearing good things. Have to pick some up
    rsherman24:
    C-LOVE:
    rsherman24:
    Bigshizza:

You mean these?

Can't go wrong with the Crowned Heads so far for me. Held off on the Waltz. Wasn't sure if it would fit my taste, but hearing good things. Have to pick some up
    Didn't notice the Steeler coaster in the pic the first time, that's my squad!! Damn you have some good taste Sherm. I've loved everything CH has put out except the Las Calaveras, I'm probably in the minority but I didn't dig it at all. The TW is great and I can't wait to get my Souths in, have some Norths coming also.
    C-LOVE:
    rsherman24:
    C-LOVE:
    rsherman24:
    Bigshizza:

You mean these?

Didn't notice the Steeler coaster in the pic the first time, that's my squad!! Damn you have some good taste Sherm. I've loved everything CH has put out except the Las Calaveras, I'm probably in the minority but I didn't dig it at all. The TW is great and I can't wait to get my Souths in, have some Norths coming also.

The Calaveras had a little kick for me. Going to let them rest a bit.
    We convert you to a Yankees fan and you will be all set. LOL
    rsherman24:
    C-LOVE:
    rsherman24:
    C-LOVE:
    rsherman24:
    Bigshizza:

You mean these?

The Calaveras had a little kick for me. Going to let them rest a bit.
    We convert you to a Yankees fan and you will be all set. LOL
    not a chance in HELL!!! lol
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    The mason Dixon uses an Ecuadorian Connecut wrapper that is buttery soft and on the cold delivers a slight pepper and leather.

First light delivers a slight pepper my father signature and a smooth and oily smoke. . Now I'm not the best at this, by I pick up a fruit or slightly sweet taste them shifts back to an earthy core. This cigar is very good, I think even better than the Tennessee Waltz.
    After an inch in no big strength gut punch just a well rounded great tasting cigar.
    The second third delivers the same spice with a nutty oily finish. Final thoughts are smoke output, excellent, burn excellent, taste spot on. Catfishbluzz and Jiunn should do just fine with this one, no gut punch just flavor. 
    imagephoto IMAG2064.jpg
    imagephoto IMAG2066.jpg
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice review, Jason. Gotta get some of those. Looks like a winner!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasty bro! Thanks
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    jason mentioned my name <3 xoxoxoxoxoxox MUAH! nice review dude
  • UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    Are these readily available? I'm going to go find one. Sounds right up my alley.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say word Jason.....now I gotta burn one TODAY!
    Great review Jason and I agree 100%. Awesome smoke. Big flavor, medium body, no bitterness. This one is a keeper. Can't wait to try the North version
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok u sold me, now I need to get some.
    Glock1975:
    Just chill Bro, don't go out buying any.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C-LOVE:
    Glock1975:
    I have 2, u know me.
    Glock1975:
    C-LOVE:
    Glock1975:
    I have 2, u know me.
    Just chill for a bit Ray (J)
    smoke em if you got em:
    Glock1975:
    C-LOVE:
    Glock1975:
    I have 2, u know me.
    Just chill for a bit Ray (J)
    SMACKDOWN!!!!
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    For those interested in trying the North I'd say it's definitely a must buy. 1st third had slight pepper, fresh roasted peanuts, a hint of sea salt and olive oil. 2nd third had more of the same with just a hint of sweetness I couldn't quite place, mild caramel maybe. Final third seems to add some dark roast coffee to the mix, but it stayed away from being bitter. Perfect construction although I think it'd do even better with a few months of rest. Definitely full bodied to me, but not overpowering. Another winner from Crowned Heads if you ask me. It's weird I either love or hate their stuff. I hated the Las Calaveres and the JD, but the Headley Grange, Angel's Anvil, Jericho Hill, and now the Mason Dixon I love.
    Dang that looks amazing, Jason! Stopped by two of my local B&Ms today trying to dig these up and nobody has them! I'm on a quest now...
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Dang that looks amazing, Jason! Stopped by two of my local B&Ms today trying to dig these up and nobody has them! I'm on a quest now...
    PM incoming for where you can buy.
    Thanks bro! I'll check it out!
    The South-- medium body, great burn and construction! Has that mild spice in the first third then moves into a creamy/vanilla type flavor. It's a nice change from heavy, spicy Nic's. I think Kuzi would really enjoy it. Thanks Kryptonite for the chance to try one!
    Glad you enjoyed it Jim..is that my permanent nickname?
    If the shoe fits, Ro.
    Unicorn:
    If the shoe fits, Ro.
    Its probably your shoe that started the whole thing, Jamie.
    You keep my red high heels out of this. They are innocent.