Home Ratings & Reviews

CAO Vision

So what were your guys' thoughts on this? The burn for me was bad, but it had some really nice, unique flavors, like tomato sauce seasoning. Salt, sugar, I overall really enjoyed it. Review, as always, here.

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I really wanted to like this cigar but it really underwhelmed me. Maybe if it was 5 or so bucks, but the prices on these just make it an easy pass for me. I never got all the flavors you got. It wasn't a bad cigar, but if your going to make something high then make it worth it. btw the box is one of the best I've seen.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Well Beta, I never heard of a cigar that matched the description of Grandma's spagetti sauce. Sounds tasty. Pass the Garlic bread !
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I have been really curious about this cigar, but I never see them at any B&M, and they are a little on the pricey side to pick a 5er up just to try. And from your review, I probably won't be picking any up anytime soon either, lol. But yeah, it is an awesome box.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I've had one (sadly) and it really blew me away. They haven't made them, if I recall correctly, since 2007, so there are only a few places that have them around still. I picked up two singles in September for 16 a piece - I'll save them for a special occasion.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    There has been one of those at the local B&M for about a year.....the wrapper is split wide open nearly the whole length of the cigar and it is sitting in it's own limited edition box. I'm not quite sure why they still have it.....it's a sad site.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to really dig deep in the archives to find this one.

I had a Vision Catalyst tonight. I really don't understand all the hooplah over the Vision cigars. This was my 2nd experience with a Vision (first was a Prana), and in my opinion the taste was mediocre at best. The wrapper was veiny on both and the burn was horrible.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm with you, didn't live up to the hype and I like most CAO's. Even after setting one down for 8 months didn't help, burn was bad. And not really anything exceptional in the flavor dept.