Home Ratings & Reviews

Diesels??

Would love to hear what you guys think of this cigar. I bought a 5 pack last week and already smoked 2 of them....Great cigar......Any thoughts??

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I loved the hell out of these; great flavor, nice and powerful without being overpowering. It was really very much one of the better smokes I've had recently.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Beta completely. I would say that next to the RP Patel Brothers it is the best new cigar I've had this year. Excellent flavor and a nice kick, it actually made my mouth water as I was smoking it, lol.
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    I had mine with a few Dogfish Head Raison beer...good stuff.......
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I've only tried one but it was the same day they arrived so it was so fresh and had ZERO chance to rest or balance out before I smoked it. Besides being too fresh which caused a couple of burn and lighting issues it tasted GREAT. I'll try another one this weekend.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I have 6 in the humidor resting. I may break my normal protocol and smoke one before the two to three weeks is up. I hate doing it, but everyone's been raving about them...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    all you guys and your new cigars.....
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I wasn't so crazy about the first one I had, too fresh and the flavors were muddled. The same thing happened to me with the Padilla Dominus, and just a week of resting made a world of difference. So I'll be trying another Diesel sometime in the next couple weeks and expect to have a different experience.
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I got my 5er in a couple days ago and couldn't resist lighting one up tonight...I was really surprised that the little blurb on this site on the buying page was pretty true. It actually tasted beefy, like smoking on a blackened steak. It hadn't rested quite long enough, and the draw got tight in the last third, but overall the flavors were pretty tasty. It was a pretty consistent smoke throughout, with a thick smoke and slight pepper flavor, not a very complex stick as far as flavor development throughout, but like I said, it hadn't rested as much as I should have allowed, so that might open up. Overall it was pretty good, but I'm gonna smoke a few more in the next couple months before I make any decisions like buying a box.

On an unrelated note...POST #200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I orderd a box the day they were available and smoked one right out of the box. They were delicious and will get better with time.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to try these smokes, I hope they have a daily deal on them soon. If so, I'm definitley gonna pick a dd's up.

"Long ashes my friends."

• I just had one last night with a glass of Jameson. I have to say this is a really nice cigar. I loved the after taste it left. I recommend it to anyone to try.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I have (Ok, had) 10 from a box split I did with Matt and Shaun. I had one with only a day in the humi. I loved it so much I kind of wanted the other 2/3s of the box back! :-D

I will be letting them rest for a while and will probably sit on a few for a long period of time to see what happens. For the price, they are fantastic.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    It's a really good smoke! I smoked one or two pretty much as soon as I got them in the mail, and I smoked other ones after a few days of rest. I have four more left, and they've been sitting for awhile. I'm interested to see how they fare.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Matt Marvel:
    It's a really good smoke! I smoked one or two pretty much as soon as I got them in the mail, and I smoked other ones after a few days of rest. I have four more left, and they've been sitting for awhile. I'm interested to see how they fare.
    Haha wow! You only have 4 left?! It is understandable though, they have been hard to resist. I suppose it is good that I have other ones to keep me busy for a while.
    Hugemoose:
    Matt Marvel:
    Haha wow! You only have 4 left?! It is understandable though, they have been hard to resist. I suppose it is good that I have other ones to keep me busy for a while.
    My stock was really low when I got them. So low that up until Thursday they were all I had in stock, lol.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    Hugemoose:
    Matt Marvel:
    My stock was really low when I got them. So low that up until Thursday they were all I had in stock, lol.
    Stock looked a little better after Thursday didn't it? lol
    PuroFreak:
    Matt Marvel:
    Hugemoose:
    Matt Marvel:
    That's for sure! I have more on the way too!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    PuroFreak:
    Matt Marvel:
    Hugemoose:
    Matt Marvel:
    That's for sure! I have more on the way too!
    NICE! I always end up going home with more than I intended to buy when I go to one of those events.