Home Non Cigar Related

Blue ain't no fluff story.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
FU...this ain't no fluff piece.

The only dog injured in the tornado. Crushed hip and almost destroyed leg. A vet donated the surgery and blue pulled through. The sweetest dog that takes it upon himself to protect any puppies or young dogs that come our way. One bad habit is he searches out deer carcases and the bones cause him major intestinal problems. This time the vet was able to remove the bones without surgery and we are glad for that. No more deer because he now has his own pillow in the house.

Comments

• wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Handome dog.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes it just seems like all we do as pet owners is keep them from killing themselves with the things they get into. Glad your buddy is ok. I would be devastated if something happened to my wiener.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You posted that story in the fluff post. It's good to hear he's an indoor dog now.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    I would be devastated if something happened to my wiener.
    Nah... Nevermind. That one's just too easy. ;^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife called me at work the other day, Pete, our little mixed Pit, was throwing up blood everywhere. Turns out, as usual at this time of year, some moron had shot a buck, cut its head off with a chainsaw, and took the head home. Damn, if you're not going to eat it, leave it alone.

To top it off, again, these morons cut through my fence and hunt our property as well. City people. ugh! Go home and play video games, you're NOT "rugged individuals roughing it in the wild". We live here!

Probably should have put this in "Things I Hate", sorry, got carried away.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    My wife called me at work the other day, Pete, our little mixed Pit, was throwing up blood everywhere. Turns out, as usual at this time of year, some moron had shot a buck, cut its head off with a chainsaw, and took the head home. Damn, if you're not going to eat it, leave it alone.

To top it off, again, these morons cut through my fence and hunt our property as well. City people. ugh! Go home and play video games, you're NOT "rugged individuals roughing it in the wild". We live here!

Probably should have put this in "Things I Hate", sorry, got carried away.

At least all the deer killed here are for food. The problem is all the poaching that goes on all year long and they will not hesitate to come on private and posted property. I have always had a serious problem with "trophy" hunters and think it should be illegal.

Don't know what the vet did besides intestinal mining, but Blue has been sleeping for three days. Poor guy, I have no idea how long he was in pain or how bad it was. He seems to have made the transition from an outy to an inny with no problems, and loves his big pillow.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im glad hes doing better!!i know when we were faced with guss injury to his back it was heart breaking to think of losing him!even tho it meant driving my old truck for a few more years it was worht it in my opinion!!wish blue a healthy and happy recovery brother!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.