Home Non Cigar Related

Holiday Season and I need a favor from everyone.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know you all have read some of my posts about abandoned and abused pets. Well, here is another one....

If you can afford it, and its in your heart to do so, please remember to contribute to a humane animal shelter.

Big or small, cash or materials, food or blankets, these shelters are always in need, and most are staffed by volunteers. You will be amazed at how much they appreciate any help you can give.

And guess what, you will feel good.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always.
    100 lbs of venison and elk scraps to the wildlife rescue and the local animal shelter.
    It surprisingly goes a long ways.
    The wildlife rescue here rehabilitates predator birds and wild animals and is funded solely on donations.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    My step-mother-in-law is hard to shop for, but she volunteers at her local humane society. Last year we made a donation as her present and it made her happier than anything else we could have given her. Guess what's on the shopping list this year?
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have donated to the local Salvation Army the last couple years and will be adding the local animal rescue this year.
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Wish I could afford it. My pack are all rescues.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wahooschock:
    Wish I could afford it. My pack are all rescues.

Taking home a rescue is as good as a big donation. Good on you.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    I will definitely try. Every year I try and get some toys for either Toys For Tots or what they had in Phoenix called Christmas Angels. It really is more fun to give than to receive especially this time of year.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    I totally agree. My wife is on our local SPCA board and I volunteer with her. We had a fund raiser 2 weeks ago and raised about $10,000 for our local shelter. She loved your post and shared it at the board meeting.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyland64:
    I totally agree. My wife is on our local SPCA board and I volunteer with her. We had a fund raiser 2 weeks ago and raised about $10,000 for our local shelter. She loved your post and shared it at the board meeting.

Well thank you. And thank you.