Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Interesting stuff from my doctor.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
The only test for prostate problems (as far as I know) is a PSA and the "expert professors" a band of long coats and long beards is recommending doing away with it. I also just read an article that the digit up the dingus is being done away with (that one I agree with).

The same band of "experts" is also hinting at doing away mammary grams until the woman hits 50.

Nothing to eat or drink since 6PM yesterday and I am on my second coffee pot and third cigar.

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mammograms bit I read about some time back. Britain did a study of I forget how many tens of thousands of women who got their beautiful bits squished versus those who did not; and they concluded there was considerable more danger from the unnecessary procedures generated by false positives and muddy results than there was just by letting those poor bubbies alone. This is the first I have heard of similar prostate advice.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    The only test for prostate problems (as far as I know) is a PSA and the "expert professors" a band of long coats and long beards is recommending doing away with it. I also just read an article that the digit up the dingus is being done away with (that one I agree with).

The same band of "experts" is also hinting at doing away mammary grams until the woman hits 50.

Nothing to eat or drink since 6PM yesterday and I am on my second coffee pot and third cigar.
    There's also the biopsy, but I don't think you'll be much happier.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain