Home Non Cigar Related

Tech help

Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know anything about wireless routers or extenders? My current router sucks and can't get a signal in parts of our house. Do I need to upgrade routers? Or buy a extender?

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Need that new rowtah.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is that
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had that same prob a while back....one of the BOTLs here gave me some pretty solid advice, pretty sure it was Tony 0patience but I could be wrong. Might wanna hit him up.

I ended up just running an Ethernet cord and "daisy chaining" two routers on diff sides of the house, worked good for me. Allowed me to use the current router & an old one that had just been collecting dust. Saved me some $$$ since i didn't need to buy any new equipment.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help guys
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    That one is pretty easy to set up and works well. I set it up in my parents house
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    jgibv:
    Had that same prob a while back....one of the BOTLs here gave me some pretty solid advice, pretty sure it was Tony 0patience but I could be wrong. Might wanna hit him up.

I ended up just running an Ethernet cord and "daisy chaining" two routers on diff sides of the house, worked good for me. Allowed me to use the current router & an old one that had just been collecting dust. Saved me some $$$ since i didn't need to buy any new equipment.
    +1 to that. It could be that the router needs an update
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.