Home General Discussion

Tupperdor +1

Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
Had to get another tupperdor now I just have to fine some SC to put into them, might have to check out the B&M maybe.
imageimage
The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sc? I've got a few new bovadas I can send you to help with the RH.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will burn through those Tupperdor's quickly. Buy a cooler and buy the biggest one you can. I know you don't think you will need it right now, but trust me you will. Some kitty litter and you are all set.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Patrickbrick:
    I Have a couple humi packs in the new one and the Xicar beads in the other the humi pack read right at 72% do you think I need more packs?
    rsherman24:
    You will burn through those Tupperdor's quickly. Buy a cooler and buy the biggest one you can. I know you don't think you will need it right now, but trust me you will. Some kitty litter and you are all set.
    hmmmm....
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    They're right, but if you run out of tupperware, you can ziploc for a while. I still haven't bothered with the cooler. SC is nice to add. I just use some sheets out of boxes.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big''nBall''n:
    Patrickbrick:
    I Have a couple humi packs in the new one and the Xicar beads in the other the humi pack read right at 72% do you think I need more packs?
    rsherman24:
    hmmmm....
    That's good advice. I wish I hadn't bought my second 100 ct (or first, for that matter) and just went with a coolidor right away.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that you should consider a cooler. Look for the coleman xtreme line of coolers. Great for coolidors. Great seals. I have not used any bigger than 70 quart coolers. I have a couple of them now. I like the idea of bigger but I like these 70 quarts for the ease of transport. I can tote 'em around pretty easy at this size if I decide to stash them in a different closet. I also moved this year and I'm glad I didn't have to deal with a 120 or 150 quart that would probably have required assistance to move. But, if you aren't worried about that,..... go big.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the cooler route. I no longer use a wooden humi except for my little 20ct which I use to smoke out of. Coolers are cheaper for their size and easier to maintain RH in.

On a side note I believe that the vast majority, seriously a VAST MAJORITY, of NC cigars receive no benefit from aging beyond a year. Most will be hitting their peak in 6-12 months so there isn't really any reason to have years worth of NC cigars stockpiled. Just let them rest a bit then smoke them and move on to new purchases.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    I agree with the cooler route. I no longer use a wooden humi except for my little 20ct which I use to smoke out of. Coolers are cheaper for their size and easier to maintain RH in.

On a side note I believe that the vast majority, seriously a VAST MAJORITY, of NC cigars receive no benefit from aging beyond a year. Most will be hitting their peak in 6-12 months so there isn't really any reason to have years worth of NC cigars stockpiled. Just let them rest a bit then smoke them and move on to new purchases.

Hard part is smoking enough to keep up with the purchases. LOL
    Totally agree with the RH maintenance. I have given up on the wood humis as well except for a 20 count. I have 2 lb's of KL and a fan in my cooler and has been between 62-64 for over a year without touching it.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Saw this thread and thought, "This guy too?!?"
    Basically I've been having an issue keeping my 100 count over 60rh even with a ton of humidification elements. I just got it to 63 with our large room humidifier on high all night and all these extra pillows and gel piled in.

Some sticks have been cracking at the cap when i cut them and to me, that usually means they are a bit too dry.

Guess it's coolidor + 1 for me. I'm gonna check out the Coleman extreme on Bob's recommendation, cause he hasn't steered me wrong yet, and space is an issue. Will report back what worked / failed.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico