Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

NewB Perdomo Mistakes Maduro Torpedo giveaway contest

Love these cigars. They come in either a Cameroon or Nicaraguan maduro wrapper. And at $59 for a mazo of 20, quite a deal. The story goes, not called Mistakes because they are seconds or overruns. Rather, some mistake in the ordering/delivering process was made and they decided to continue on due to the popularity. Supposedly the same blend as Perdomo2. Original Perdomo2, not this re-release of the blend available now. The difference there is the natural version is no longer Cameroon but a habano wrapper. Is the story true? I couldn't tell you. Maybe it is just a good marketing ploy. Either way, it's a great smoke and every one I've had burns reliably and slow.

I totally loved the Cameroon and unfortunately smoked my last one last week. When I went back to order more I thought, what the heck, let's try the maduro this time around. It's every bit as good as the Cameroon, just a lightly sweeter and more robust flavor.

You all know how I roll. I love to give away a "relaxing evening." That's one cigar, and one pour of bourbon in my eyes. I do it every night. Sometimes twice a day on holidays and weekends.

So here's the rub: I've got 2 pour bottles of bourbon. One Jim Beam Black (double aged), one Jim Beam Devil's cut (wood extract blended with double aged). The first 2 newBs that have signed up since 1 July to tell me here in this post they'd like a relaxing evening on me gets one. The first one can tell me which bourbon they'd like out of the two, the second will get the remaining. Salud!

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    July 1...what year?
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    July 1...what year?
    This year JD. 2014. Oy. ;-)
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Good of you Walt!
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Very generous and it's a cool idea. I remember you did the similar thing with the Camacho as well. Surprised no New Guys have jumped on this yet.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• BrianakBrianak Posts: 255
    Sign me up. Will take the Devils cut.

Don't forget the return address on the package.
    Wait. Just noticed my join date was a bit earlier than I thought.
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Brianak:

Um I ll take his spot
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
    wahooschock:
    Brianak:

Um I ll take his spot
    You're signed up! PM me the addy. I'll call it tonight. If nobody else signs up... Brianak, will be an alternate. Brianak, send me your Addy.
    Time is up. Winners are wahoschock and Brianak. Numbers will be posted.
    Yay!!!!
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Walt!! Good on you and the winners!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

And thanks for the contest brother
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Very cool giveaway!
    Thank you very much. Will make sure I o return the favor.
    Fire in the hole! I may have added a couple more sticks to the mix. Seem's I bought many more cigars than I intended to this week, and I need to make room. So the Perdomo Mistakes are the one in the middle, no bands. The rest is me cleaning out my stock, getting rid of ones that I think are good but need to make room for the ones I think are superb and arriving soon.

9405 5036 9930 0427 2339 50

9405 5036 9930 0427 2339 67

Thanks for playing gentlemen.
  • benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    Oh man, how did I miss this one?? Nice one Walt!
    Thanks Walt. Looking forward to trying these. All are new to me.