Home General Discussion

Cigarillos or short, quick smokes

Need some suggestions on a pack of cigarillos or short smokes for these chilly days. Looking for a 20 min type smoke. I know there are some ISOM packs, but don't know anything about them. Any suggestions?

Comments

• shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    i went and bought a pack of swishers today because it was really windy and cold - i didnt end up smoking any though - the best cigarillos i think that i have had are the ashtons - but then again - the tins are pretty expensive for what you get
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    shamrocked:
    i went and bought a pack of swishers today because it was really windy and cold
    Are you serious dude? I mean, to each their own and all that jazz, but I'm not sure anything could really make me go buy a pack of Swishers. My passion of cigars would have to turn into a major addiction for that to happen...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    yea and grape ftw
  • TheShaun:
    Need some suggestions on a pack of cigarillos or short smokes for these chilly days. Looking for a 20 min type smoke. I know there are some ISOM packs, but don't know anything about them. Any suggestions?
    Hoyo Excalibur miniatures are short smokes at about 20 mins. The CAO tins are great short smokes but usually take me about 30mins mmmmmm MX2...... Punch slim pantellas are not bad and cheap at usually run about 30mins
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Tatuaje in the Noella size is a good small cigar, but they take me close to an hour and sometimes longer to smoke... Thats about the quickest thing I smoke. If I'm going to smoke, I usually want to take my time and really enjoy it.
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    TheShaun:
    ok so living in the uk ive tried all the isom minis, i would recommend the montecristo putios, but keep them in your humi for at least a couple of months first it makes a big differance, the flavour is very similar to the praised no.4 but its a lot cheaper per min of smoking. i also like the cohiba clubs, not too fussed on the RnJ minis, they didnt do it for me.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I think the last cigarillo I had was a makers mark, wasn't too bad for a tiny cigar, taste was good.

"Long ashes my friends."

• tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    Don Pepin Garcia Firecracker....with that said..I wish CCom carried these...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Father's Day, my son got me a tin of Onyx cortos. They are a quick smoke and very flavorful.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I stand by the asthon senoritas for a quick cigar break.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    CAO Italia, Criollo, Brazilia, Gold, and MX2 tins take me about 30 mins to the band. The CAO Cameroon and Maduro tins take me 30 minutes to get to the point where I CAN'T smoke smoke it anymore, so they should be good for 20 mins. However, they aren't all that great. Maduro is the better of the 2 though.

I've heard great things about Ashton's cigarillo.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CAO makes great tins for a quick smoke.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I got a pack of La Flor Dominicana Ligero carajos today. They come in a little, flip-top wooden box and are about 4 x 40 or so. Hopefully they are good.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    ashton cigarillos they are 4 x 28 or the mini cigarillos are 3.5 x 20 ..... and they are a pretty decent smoke..... just my two cents
    yea i have had the smaller of the ashton sizes ... reason i like them a little more than the other cigarillos I've had is because they didnt get as hot as some of the other brands I've tried
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    CAO Criollo Pampa 4.5 x 38 ...great flavor and not too long a smoke ...one of my new favorite short smokes ...
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a box of Gurkha Master's Select 4.5 perfectos which are very, very small. These things are fantastic and are a short to medium timed smoke. I have had a couple in the last week and they are definitely worth a try. I got them on a closeout so IDK if they are discontinuing them or not.
  • Rocky Patel makes a short cigar in some of his blends. I prefer the Sun Grown and it is a good 30 min smoke.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    davidoff makes a great small cigar. a bit on the spendy side but if you only have 20 min to spend on a cigar, better make it the best 20 minutes you can.
    yea i just bought some cao mx2's and brazilia's in a 4x38 - excited to try them out
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Upmann Demitase. Short and good. Well, not that short. They last like 45 minutes. But they are really small (4.5 x 33).
  • 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    I like the ashton senoritas as well. I would like to learn more about the DPG firecracker. Got a link?
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    TheShaun:
    Some of those ISOM packs are quite good Shaun. I have tried th Montecristo Clubs and they are a great little 20 minute stick.
  • Yeah, I've been trying out many cigarillos ever since a friend gave me a Cuban Montechristo cigarillo. I like the Ashtons and the Montechristo cigarillos, but the La Flor Dominicana Ligero carajos are the best since the Cuban Monte. It's a pity because my local shop will no longer carry them because tax will increase the price to $6 from $3. Both of which are very spendy for the duration of the enjoyment.
  • Wow, I didn't realize there were that many choices out there. I am sure they have been on display in the B&M humidors I have been in but I just haven't noticed them. The only ones I was aware of were the CAO products, partially because I smoke CAO standard sized cigars and because a friend of mine smokes the small ones in the tins when he is working outdoors. I always steered away from those because my perception was that they were flavored cigars not replicas of a standard cigar. Interesting....
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    many times that is the case. even davidoff makes little flavored cigars.