Home Non Cigar Related

The Questions of Life Thread

Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
So you got a rando question or a question you have always wanted to ask? then post them here.
I'll Start so my question is why is printer Ink as or almost as expensive as the printer?
The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big''nBall''n:
    So you got a rando question or a question you have always wanted to ask? then post them here.
    I'll Start so my question is why is printer Ink as or almost as expensive as the printer?
    Good question. My last printer was old so I just bought a new one instead of replacing the ink cartridge. No brainer.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Damn, making me think on Thanksgiving. Standardization may help, like the cassette and 8-track days, one size fits all. We used to make ribbon cartridges for the older dot matrix printers and it seemed every brand had its own style cartridge. Looking at production costs.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big''nBall''n:
    It's not. It's far more expensive than the printer. By the gram, it's more exhorbitant than crack cocaine "street value". They practically give the ink jet printer away, just to hook you on the inks.

The answer is because they can.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Big''nBall''n:
    It's not. It's far more expensive than the printer. By the gram, it's more exhorbitant than crack cocaine "street value". They practically give the ink jet printer away, just to hook you on the inks.

The answer is because they can.

new show idea Breaking Ink lol good answer you get to ask the next question lol
    Big''nBall''n:
    you get to ask the next question lol
    Gawd; there's so many. Women. There's an inexhaustible supply right there. If you could have five minutes back for every hour you have ever had to wait for a woman, could you live forever?

Okay, how bout this one: Given that people almost always admire people who can admit when they are wrong; why are people almost always too ashamed to?

I got it: Why can you buy a pocket puter smart phone for fifty bucks, invented yesterday, with more tech than took Glenn to the moon; but a simple hearing aid essentially invented right after the Civil War runs you like five grand?

Yeh. Maybe we should just stick to simple stuff like printer ink.

Gravy, stuffing, turkey... why waste valuable Thanksgiving belly room on taters, green beans, yams, corn clam casserole, or anything else? Gravy on stuffing and turkey.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, women.

Why is it that the only relationship stratgy that seems fair and balanced to a woman is:

Everything, all her way, all the time?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Amos Umwhat:
    OK, women.

Why is it that the only relationship stratgy that seems fair and balanced to a woman is:

That's easy. They don't have to reason. They just start out being right. No way to budge, no way to re-examine. Reasoning only annoys.

A man follows linear thinking. This follows that follows the next follows the other, eventually reaching a logical conclusion. A woman follows spherical thinking. She is in the center, all conclusions are equidistant, so she merely leaps to the right one.

Car breaks down, guy lifts the hood, jiggles this, fools with that, gets it going. Car breaks down, gal calls her guy in tears.

Linear thinking is why they call it history and not herstory.

But beware, there is a flip side. Linear thinking does not always lead to a good conclusion. Men started out needing to get that cave bear out of the cave, so that Ooga and the tot could get in out of the snow. Pick up a rock. Sharpen a stick. Millennia of linear thinking later we arrived at Mutually Assured Destruction. Spherical thinking would immediately recognize that's wrong.

This is why life requires respect for both.

The trick is to know when she's right, and get her used to the fact you are often going to ignore her.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are aware that a man can go through an entire day with only 5 phrases?
    Mmhmm, Yes, no, I don't know and ok.

Women on the other hand have to completely use up their daily allotment of 5,000 words.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    webmost:
    Amos Umwhat:
    OK, women.

That's easy. They don't have to reason. They just start out being right. No way to budge, no way to re-examine. Reasoning only annoys.

A man follows linear thinking. This follows that follows the next follows the other, eventually reaching a logical conclusion. A woman follows spherical thinking. She is in the center, all conclusions are equidistant, so she merely leaps to the right one.

Car breaks down, guy lifts the hood, jiggles this, fools with that, gets it going. Car breaks down, gal calls her guy in tears.

But beware, there is a flip side. Linear thinking does not always lead to a good conclusion. Men started out needing to get that cave bear out of the cave, so that Ooga and the tot could get in out of the snow. Pick up a rock. Sharpen a stick. Millennia of linear thinking later we arrived at Mutually Assured Destruction. Spherical thinking would immediately recognize that's wrong.

The trick is to know when she's right, and get her used to the fact you are often going to ignore her.

Nailed it. Opatience too.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I got it: Why can you buy a pocket puter smart phone for fifty bucks, invented yesterday, with more tech than took Glenn to the moon; but a simple hearing aid essentially invented right after the Civil War runs you like five grand?
    well because of the "help you live better tax" that is applied to all things that keep you healthy, much like the Fat tax at Wal-Mart $2 more for xxl seems to be discriminating to me!
    Big''nBall''n:
    well because of the "help you live better tax" that is applied to all things that keep you healthy, much like the Fat tax at Wal-Mart $2 more for xxl seems to be discriminating to me!
    Yup. We recently had to replace several telemetry boxes in our ICU, gone to nursing homes, out with the laundry, patients think "I'm supposed to wear this from now on for my heart" and take them home.

$3,000 a pop, plus $100 for the leads. Might be $25 worth of hardware altogether. Outrageous.

Why is there Chevy and GMC?
    Big''nBall''n:
    I asked that question at a dealership once, they said the GMC's were more of a "professional grade" vehicle. But they couldn't say why there were Firebirds & Camaros, or why my Dad's Oldsmobile Delta 88 had a Chevy 350 engine.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Amos Umwhat:
    OK, women.

because they know we'll do anything for some strange.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Big''nBall''n:
    Honda/Acura, Lexus/Toyota, Nissan/Infiniti. Same cars but higher prices.
    james40:
    Amos Umwhat:
    OK, women.

because they know we'll do anything for some strange.
    Anything for some strange is the answer to a different question. That's the answer to: Why is it men make 65% of the money but women spend 85% of the money.

So why is it that realism is inevitably labeled misogyny?

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Amos Umwhat:
    OK, women.

Wow...just so...amazingly....true.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Big''nBall''n:
    Because chevy is made all week we lesser quality items. GMC is made with higher end materials and only made tues - thursdays.

Aj
    Why does Walmart have 30 cash outs and only 2.5 cashiers?
    Big''nBall''n:
    I've heard this question no less than 40 times this year, after my wife's weekly Walmart pilgrimage. I think it may have something to do with a Simon Legree complex that plagues Walmart managers.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Big''nBall''n:
    I was in Walmart on Sunday, they had twenty-one of the twenty-four check out stations open, and only four or five had customers in those lines. They must have been expecting a bigger gathering.
    why are boobs soooooooo awesome?

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    why are boobs soooooooo awesome?

Aj
    and soft and squooshy ( o )( o )
    dont question just thank god
    Big''nBall''n: