Home General Discussion

Black Friday Box Bedlam

The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
Holy smokes, anyone check their e-mail? Trying to be frugal here and this comes, damn you for tempting me CCOM.

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The freebies cool --- but those prices aren't much of a deal IMO (pretty sure they're about normal prices). can definitely get most of those brands for less $$ if you're patient and do a little searching.
    freebies not tempting enough for me, sorry ccom. Pass.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    Holy smokes, anyone check their e-mail? Trying to be frugal here and this comes, damn you for tempting me CCOM.
    Do you even Black Friday bro?
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    The freebies cool --- but those prices aren't much of a deal IMO (pretty sure they're about normal prices). can definitely get most of those brands for less $$ if you're patient and do a little searching.

Hate to say it but felt the same way. As I was looking through the list of boxes in the sale the prices just seemed either at or just below their normal prices. I think I remember before where they did something similar but the prices weren't listed properly so maybe that happened again because they just don;t seem like a Black Friday deal as it stands now.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. Seems like saving five bucks, if that, and getting some free cigars, most of which are just okay. Still another five count herfador, lighter, and an Armada are worth something. Would feel better if the boxes themselves were a bit more of a discount.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    These Black Friday deals are way weak compared to some of the stuff they did in the past. There was one year the did a forum Black Friday, dear god what amazing deals.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    These Black Friday deals are way weak compared to some of the stuff they did in the past. There was one year the did a forum Black Friday, dear god what amazing deals.
    that would be cool.
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
    Just checked for the hell of it and both the Diesel Shorty and Wicked are the same price they normally are. They've got the high MSRP next to each one instead of the price they normally have them at. Definitely a disappointing BF Sale and the regular email deals throughout they year are much better.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

jimmyv723:
    Just checked for the hell of it and both the Diesel Shorty and Wicked are the same price they normally are. They've got the high MSRP next to each one instead of the price they normally have them at. Definitely a disappointing BF Sale and the regular email deals throughout they year are much better.
    So are the Oliva V Melanio. Same as usual.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    jgibv:

Hate to say it but felt the same way. As I was looking through the list of boxes in the sale the prices just seemed either at or just below their normal prices. I think I remember before where they did something similar but the prices weren't listed properly so maybe that happened again because they just don;t seem like a Black Friday deal as it stands now.
    Yep same here
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    If it were the Melanio Torpedoes or Figurados for a similar price, I'd be all over it.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to add to the negativity but...that sampler isn't worth $200. :-(
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    Echambers:
    Not to add to the negativity but...that sampler isn't worth $200. :-(

The Gurkha is worth that by itself

Enola Gay - Target #29

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    jimmyv723:
    jgibv:

Yep same here
    yup, and sister next door has stuff today that was same prices just seemed to be getting free shipping,
  • Hope no one buys the Ave Maria "deal"... $5 MORE than their normal price.
    Wow, that's crazy.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Damn, you guys are right, what was I thinking. I will not post before my coffee, promise.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyber Monday has a few good looking deals.
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    I've started to do most of my cigar shopping elsewhere. Better price year round without the unnecessary freebees I usually could care less about. Just wait until internet taxes kick in. Prices will go up even more. It seems to me that cigar.com and its sister site have not had really good deals in a very long time. The sprint sale site is pathetic. Was supposed to be something special. NOT! Folks here a very nice, but if I can save money, I'll shop elsewhere.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Always do the math...
    Just seems like stuff that is usually up on the Daily Deal at one point or another for about the same price. Was hoping to get some stuff and show some support to CCom between the BF and CM sales but there just isn't anything really that great this year. Something like a straight across 20% would have been a better option.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Or have a 50% off a premium box every hour. Just wont know which box and it would only last 2 minutes each hour. But only on superb cigars. No bundle or dogrockets.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    Just seems like stuff that is usually up on the Daily Deal at one point or another for about the same price. Was hoping to get some stuff and show some support to CCom between the BF and CM sales but there just isn't anything really that great this year. Something like a straight across 20% would have been a better option.
    +1
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
    jimmyv723:
    Yeah, and these don't get free shipping. There are a couple on there I like, but the prices don't seem great. Just okay. I would love some more Armada, but haven't tried the War Horse, and I won't pull the trigger at that price without trying one, first. I am out of Tat Havana VI, though I suspect I can find it cheaper if I dig around.

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that if there were to be something on there you like, but are hesitant, and you were to email Tim what you want and ask for a better deal, that you would get it. That's what I do. That's what I get. The only time he can't is if you are using paypal to pay. That has to be done from their website only. Not email or phone orders (which is what our email orders come out to be).
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Always do the math...

Right, and drink your coffee first, checked my account and paid much less for the Limitada's when I ordered them back in May. Couple of others as well