Home General Discussion

San Diego - B&M needed!

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I will be there and will have NOTHING to do after 5pm. Any good B&Ms down there or suggestions as to what to do that night? Looking for a B&M to have a smoke
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone?
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    When you gonna be there? A friend of mine is a rep in the area and will know all the good spots. Can probably make some introductions for you, too.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Ill be down this Saturday afternoon... I have a conference im going to so im not sure what time I will be out. was hoping to find a place for the evening to relax and enjoy a stick. :)
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Churchill's in the Miramar area has beers on tap and a good selection of sticks. I haven't been there in awhile, but it was nice from what I can remember. I don't have James40's contact info, but he is local and could probably recommend others.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Churchill's is the place to be. I'll send James a text and see if he'll chime in on here for you.
    Churchills looks pretty awesome :) let's see if any other suggestions come up. Otherwise that's my place :)
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Cuban Cigar Factory in the gaslamp district. A B&M / Smoking lounge / Full bar. Youre welcome :)
    Hmmmmmm maybe both
    I really like CC Factory. When I go down to North Island to go on the ship it's pretty much a staple place to visit. Should be really nice on a Tuesday.
    Can recommend a bunch of good places to eat too :)
    Jetmech_63:
    Can recommend a bunch of good places to eat too :)

Shoot!!! :)
    Sushi Deli, killer sushi...cheap
    El Indio...Killer Mexican, really cheap, the taquitos are badass
    Guadalajara, best Mexican, not so cheap
    Chagos burritos, cheap, but may get shot(may want to be careful going there at night... but those burritos!)
    Lucha Libre gourmet tacos(next to el indio, amazing tacos)
    HODAD's These burgers blow in and out out of the water
    OB Noodle house for amazing homemade pho
    Jetmech_63:
    Sushi Deli, killer sushi...cheap
    El Indio...Killer Mexican, really cheap, the taquitos are badass
    Guadalajara, best Mexican, not so cheap
    Chagos burritos, cheap, but may get shot(may want to be careful going there at night... but those burritos!)
    Lucha Libre gourmet tacos(next to el indio, amazing tacos)
    HODAD's These burgers blow in and out out of the water
    OB Noodle house for amazing homemade pho

Sweet!!!! :) I'll check one of those out! :)
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Churchill's is the first place I was thinking of, but wanted to confirm. From my buddy:

"Churchills Miramar is great if you want beer and wine, Excalibur Clairemont Mesa full bar, Liberty Tobacco no Alchol, Cuban Cigar Factory everything and in the heart of Gaslamp! 4 good choices depending on what you want."
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang! For the first time in my life I want to go to San Diego.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Man... If I had more than 24 hours in San Diego I would hit all those places.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    http://habanoslounge.net/ - This is where Asianbiker (forum member) and I go (he turned me on to it). They have some food, a coffee bar, and sometimes live music. I've met both owners who are really down to earth and cool -

Excaliber in Clairemont Mesa is good, they have food most times and there's tons of food nearby. Good liquor selection, however, seating is limited so get there early. They do hold lots of events too so check their calendar. http://www.excaliburcigarlounge.com/

Churchills in Miramar is super lush and the owner is cool there. Traffic can be a pain depending on when you go. There's also a Churchills in Old Town (just north of downtown). It's small but has an outdoor patio and 2-3 beer selection. Their humidor is lacking since it's so small but you can find something. http://www.churchillcigarlounge.com/

Their house blend was the first real cigar I had and what sparked me into this journey. The last time I went to Cuban cigar factory, they wanted $27 for a Camacho Triple Maduro. I left shaking my head after looking at the other prices. This was a couple of years ago so things might have changed. It's in the gaslamp, near my work, so there's tons of things to do and see here. Parking will be your biggest concern (pay lot vs. meters).http://shop.cubancigarfactory.com/

Racine and Laramie in Old Town is the oldest B&M around. If you want that trading post type atmostphere (tiny smoking room - 2-4 chairs inside, not sure of outside), that's the place for you. Old Town has tons of Mexican food if you like that as well. http://www.racineandlaramie.com/

There's one more but I can remember the name. If you want to meet up, let me know man.
    I would love to meet up! but i have no clue when the conference will be over on saturday. :( i know where i have to be and what time it starts but from there its a fly by the seat of my pants kinda deal. I do appreciate the suggestions! now im gonna have to choose which shop to hit! might just come down to whichever is closest to my hotel. lol
    Excalibur on Friday the 5th is having a Woodford bourbon, Caldwell cigars, and Lagunitas beer event. You might seriously consider making that if it interests you. If so, get there an hour early to try and get a seat.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Shoot man...I've heard guys take a five minute walk across the border to the TJ LCDH. It is on my bucket list this next summer for sure. A good friend of mine goes to Liberty and swears by the pricing and selection.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be in San Diego this weekend for the patriots game and would love to meet up
    robertgreen30:
    I'll be in San Diego this weekend for the patriots game and would love to meet up
    Dude, I'll be at the Chargers/Pats game myself. Are you meeting up with friends for the game?
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Another really good place is called Liberty Tobacco ..... 7341 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, I go here a lot when I am in town....one of the best places and good prices.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    robertgreen30:
    Dude, I'll be at the Chargers/Pats game myself. Are you meeting up with friends for the game?
    im flying in on Saturday afternoon and will be going with 4 friends
    Security line is a cluster F**k
    So my bank messed up my debit card. I have no rental and no money down here. Lol no cigars for me :( trapped in my hotel room till my flight out tomorrow.