Home Pipes

Flakes

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
What is your favorite flake? For me I have to say I enjoyed Capstan original, and MacBarens vanilla cream flake.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love orlik and SGs best brown flake. Solani aged burley is great too
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I don't think I could pick just one. I love flakes! For Mild-med. would be Hamborger Veermaster. Med. SG's BBF, and FVF. Med.-Full would be Solani 660 and ABF. Full would be Peterson's Irish Flake. I am sure I missed a couple that I would hate to be without. I have two tins of Capstan with 8 months on them. I will pop one once I finish a few others.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Some great Flakes out there and some personal favorites would be...

Orlik Golden Sliced
    SG Full Virginia Flake and Best Brown Flake
    Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired
    McClelland Christmas Cheer - Broken Flake
    PS Luxury Navy Flake (heard tons of great stuff about the Twist Flake and Bullseye Flake as well)
    Peter Heinrichs Dark Strong Flake - This is my absolute favorite Flake. Can be hard to get but definitely worth trying.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I thought you were talking about a couple of folks on the cigar side.
    jimmyv723:

Orlik Golden Sliced
    PS Luxury Navy Flake (heard tons of great stuff about the Twist Flake and Bullseye Flake as well)
    Peter Heinrichs Dark Strong Flake - This is my absolute favorite Flake. Can be hard to get but definitely worth trying.
    I need to try the HH. I have heard really good things about it. I would love to try DSF but the 1 time I found it it was a 200 g tin that was at the upper end. Did not want to risk buying that much for the first time but if I can ever find it I will have to pick some up.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    HH ODF
    Germains Latakia flake
    DH flake
    Veermaster
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    J.S.:
    jimmyv723:

Orlik Golden Sliced
    I need to try the HH. I have heard really good things about it. I would love to try DSF but the 1 time I found it it was a 200 g tin that was at the upper end. Did not want to risk buying that much for the first time but if I can ever find it I will have to pick some up.

I'll try and send you some of the Dark Strong Flake at some point so you can try it. It's really good and isn't bad at all price wise but can just be hard to find because it ends up going so quick when it is in stock.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

Sounds good, I have already put it on my wishlist, which is growing longer and longer. It is getting as bad as cigars!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Haven't tried any flake, yet, but it's on my to do list. Great suggestions, guys.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Love flakes especially a full virginia but damn cakes have taken me over!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Haven't tried any flake, yet, but it's on my to do list. Great suggestions, guys.
    You like Va's? Pm me!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America