Home Non Cigar Related

GPU Question

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
At my wits end.I attempted to load Skyrim yesterday and my screen bugged out. Restarted my computer, and my GPU under Device Manager read "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". Attempted to rollback my GPU drivers and reinstalled Windows but no dice. I read that since under device manager it lists my GPU as "NVIDIA Geforce 570 GTX" that it means my GPU is still good. Not sure if true or not. Also read that it could be related to heat.I'm at a loss and would appreciate any advice you guys could give. My last option is to unplug the GPU, wipe it down and plug it back in.Help?

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I took your guys' advice to heart and just ordered a GTX 770.;)
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    them video cards can get dusty have to pull them out once and a while and check for all the groovy dusty hairy crap thats just nasty, also the silver heat sink grease can dry out, had both these happen to my cards, which reminds i need to go do something.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I took your guys' advice to heart and just ordered a GTX 770.;)

I was just going to suggest that very same thing. Maintenance Maintenance Maintenance Maintenance, and that includes a regular cleaning and a good vacuum. Sorry, we all know that....
    After a ton of problems, just ordered a new rig. Ready for it to arrive so I can troll more.image
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Those liquid cooled bastards are so awesome looking to me!

Aj
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    that is a thing of beauty. Did you order it preassembled or did you order all the parts to put it together? when I get the projector set up in the man cave I may make a wall mounted open air rig.
    Pre assembled. I can do most things myself, but connecting everything is a pain so I'll pay the experts to do it. Same way with my car's oil, I COULD do it...but I'll pay a bit and save my time.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so fun to put a computer together yourself.
    Ships tomorrow....nerd snort! Memes for erryone.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Someone took a picture of you Randy! http://www.break.com/pictures/take-it-home-roy-2795346
    No_one21:
    Someone took a picture of you Randy! http://www.break.com/pictures/take-it-home-roy-2795346
    It helps me get in the mood
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Ships tomorrow....nerd snort! Memes for erryone.

(see what i did there? yeehaw!!!!)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

It has arrived...God help you all