Home Non Cigar Related

Booker Bourbon

WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
I've got 3 presents under the tree that resemble liquor bottles. Last night, my wife Carol told me to open one. It was a bottle of Booker. Holy cow this is some strong stuff, but super tasty. Until now, my favorite single barrel has been Knob Creek, proofed at 120. This Booker stuff is 130.6 proof. Hard to call it. Both are awesome and I drink both neat.

Maybe tonight I drop a squirt of some distilled water in it just to see if it opens any.

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    130 proof neat? You are a trooper. I put 1 or 2 rocks in the 100 proof
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    130 proof neat? You are a trooper. I put 1 or 2 rocks in the 100 proof
    stick to your Shirley temples son
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    sounds delicious! like the perfect winter antifreeze! Your a lucky guy Walt!

Aj
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    I've got 3 presents under the tree that resemble liquor bottles. Last night, my wife Carol told me to open one. It was a bottle of Booker. Holy cow this is some strong stuff, but super tasty. Until now, my favorite single barrel has been Knob Creek, proofed at 120. This Booker stuff is 130.6 proof. Hard to call it. Both are awesome and I drink both neat.

Maybe tonight I drop a squirt of some distilled water in it just to see if it opens any.

Not to be a jerk about this, Walt, but both Knob Creek and Booker's are small batch bourbons - not single barrel. I really like both of them. As for single barrel bourbons, I won't buy any of them anymore after a bad experience a few years ago with some Elmer T. Lee single barrel.

That Booker's is a winner though. Enjoy..... ??
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    WaltBasil:

Not to be a jerk about this, Walt, but both Knob Creek and Booker's are small batch bourbons - not single barrel. I really like both of them. As for single barrel bourbons, I won't buy any of them anymore after a bad experience a few years ago with some Elmer T. Lee single barrel.

Knob creek has a single barrel version.
    JHewey:
    jlmarta:
    WaltBasil:

Justin, my man! How you doing, Bro? Of course you're right. The single barrel version is the one Walt is referring to since it's the one bottled at 120 proof. I missed that when I read his post. The Knob Creek Classic is the small batch version at 100 proof. My bad.... ??

I think my point is still a good one, though. If you go to KnobCreek.com they tell you right up front that not all single barrels are going to taste the same. That's the basis for the reason I don't buy single barrel anything any more.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was referring to the single barrel KC but you guys figured that out. I know the singles can and will vary from bottle to bottle, but from my experience, and apparently only mine... LOL... I haven't been disappointed in a SB of KC yet (knock on barrel wood). Jack Daniels SB has disappointed me but I keep going back cuz there's always the chance the next one will be better and it usually is. I really enjoy the difference between them usually, but yeah... good point jlmarta, SB is not the way to go if you're wanting consistency between barrels.

waddup Justin!
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    JHewey:
    jlmarta:
    WaltBasil:

Justin, my man! How you doing, Bro? Of course you're right. The single barrel version is the one Walt is referring to since it's the one bottled at 120 proof. I missed that when I read his post. The Knob Creek Classic is the small batch version at 100 proof. My bad.... ??

I think my point is still a good one, though. If you go to KnobCreek.com they tell you right up front that not all single barrels are going to taste the same. That's the basis for the reason I don't buy single barrel anything any more.
    Hey man. I'm good. How are you? And yeah that's the down side to single barrel. But so far (knock on wood) I haven't got a bad single barrel. But I'm still new to the world of bourbon.
    JHewey:
    .... Hey man. I'm good. How are you? And yeah that's the down side to single barrel. But so far (knock on wood) I haven't got a bad single barrel. But I'm still new to the world of bourbon.

It's good to see you still pop in every now and then. So as not to hijack this thread I'mma shoot you a PM. Check your inbox... ??