Home Non Cigar Related

Eggnog

MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any of you brothers have a good eggnog recipe you wouldn't mind sharing?

Comments

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:

Ya like hot buttered rum? I've got a killer recipe for that....??
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    MorganGeo:

now that sounds good
    MorganGeo:
    jlmarta:
    MorganGeo:

now that sounds good

A lb of butter, a lb box of brown sugar, and a qt of vanilla ice cream. Let it all sit out until the butter and ice cream can be stirred. Stir in the brown sugar. This'll all come to be a gloopy consistency. Put a big ol' spoonful of it in a mug, add a coupla shots of rum, and top it off with hot water. Stir. Drink. Repeat. Enjoy. ??
    P.S. Merry Christmas......
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the perfect recipe. Go to the grocery store. Buy a carton of eggnog and a bottle of Mint Chocolate or Chocolate Cherry Bailey's Irish Cream. Go to your house and mix them together. You will thank me.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Love Egg Nog the more alcohol content the better!!! Love Glühwein even more!
    http://cocktails.about.com/od/holidaycocktails/tp/9-Traditional-Christmas-Cocktails.htm
    Enjoy
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    I keep it simple. I definitely don't make my own Egg Nog, but i'll pour my own bourbon into it! Nothing special. Heaven Hill 6 year goes for about $10-11 and I challenge anyone to do a taste test with that. For the money it doesn't get much better. Especially for mixing it with Egg Nog. Either way, Merry Christmas to all and enjoy your egg nog!!!
    The Kid:
    http://cocktails.about.com/od/holidaycocktails/tp/9-Traditional-Christmas-Cocktails.htm
    Enjoy

Hi, Kid. You're right. Glühwein is pretty good stuff. Growing up, we just called it hot spiced wine. Took it with us on skiing outings. Another skiing beverage was a 50/50 mix of cheap whiskey and inexpensive (not the cheap ****) red wine. We called that by various names - Old Loudmouth, Red Goofy, or Sierra Blend are some of the names that come to mind. It was amazing how your skiing skill and your courage level increased the more you drank of it. LOL
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    The Kid:
    Enjoy

Hi, Kid. You're right. Glühwein is pretty good stuff. Growing up, we just called it hot spiced wine. Took it with us on skiing outings. Another skiing beverage was a 50/50 mix of cheap whiskey and inexpensive (not the cheap ****) red wine. We called that by various names - Old Loudmouth, Red Goofy, or Sierra Blend are some of the names that come to mind. It was amazing how your skiing skill and your courage level increased the more you drank of it. LOL
    Yea a local pig farmer I knew used to make it for us,, FN tasty..I remember he was always stirring!!!! As far as the slopes (brings back memories btw) we used to put peppermint schnapps in water bottles,, Just a wee nip on the lift back up.
    The Kid:
    jlmarta:
    The Kid:
    Enjoy

Yea a local pig farmer I knew used to make it for us,, FN tasty..I remember he was always stirring!!!! As far as the slopes (brings back memories btw) we used to put peppermint schnapps in water bottles,, Just a wee nip on the lift back up.

Yep. Them wuz the days. Nowadays I have trouble staying upright in my slippers going out to get the paper in the morning -- and it sure ain't because of any red goofy... LOL