Home Ratings & Reviews

Cigarbot - Gurkha’s Triple Ligero

I cant remember the last time I had a "bad cigar"...... Gurkha’s Triple Ligero...... would not trade my liver for a box, but would consider doing some pretty crazy things on a dare for a box ! Smooth ligero that gives one the felling that "all is well with the world" Check out the review

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    One of my favs, wish they had boxes, but only bundles...
  • One of my faves thus far as well!!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Yup. These are definately one of the better Gurkha's. Love 'em.
  • Yes Yes ! im loving any cigar with Ligero in the title...I really like the Ligero tobacco!
    jeff_connors:
    Yes Yes ! im loving any cigar with Ligero in the title...I really like the Ligero tobacco!
    Yup !! Piloto and Ligero... two words that make me pay attention when reading about a cigar. Love the bold flavors.
  • laker1963:
    jeff_connors:
    Yes Yes ! im loving any cigar with Ligero in the title...I really like the Ligero tobacco!
    Yup !! Piloto and Ligero... two words that make me pay attention when reading about a cigar. Love the bold flavors.
    Piloto?
    jeff_connors:
    laker1963:
    jeff_connors:
    Piloto?
    Yeah. Here is a link or two to a little of the history of this tobacco.
    BR>http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/webapp/content/view/1226/27/

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Archives/CA_Show_Article/0,2322,621,00.html
  • laker1963:
    jeff_connors:
    laker1963:
    jeff_connors:
    Piloto?

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Archives/CA_Show_Article/0,2322,621,00.html
    Any cigars you can think of off hand that are advertised as Piloto?
    jeff_connors:
    laker1963:
    jeff_connors:
    laker1963:
    jeff_connors:
    Piloto?

Any cigars you can think of off hand that are advertised as Piloto?
    Here is a link to a few. I will find more later, but it is widely used as a filler in fuller bodied smokes and does bring a particular flavor to the blend. I have to go do some work now, but will find a good list and post later.

Jeff I have PM'd that link to you.
    http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/webapp/content/view/1226/27/ Good link to more history of Piloto.

The Cohiba cigars that are crafted today in the Dominican Republic took many years to develop. The dark, rich wrapper leaf is grown in the softly clouded sub-tropical West African climate of Cameroon. The supple and flavorful Jember binder is grown in Indonesia. To balance the richness of the Cohiba Red Dot cigars wrapper, the smooth-smoking Piloto Cubano filler leaves are grown in the Dominican Republic. Cohiba "Red Dot" cigars are true classics Enjoy one now!

Hoyo de Tradicion cigars by Hoyo de Monterrey These new Hoyo de Tradicion cigars offer you a rich robust Viso-Rosado wrapper grown in the famous Jamastrana Valley. A truly special and unique cigar. Nutty undertones, fabulous aroma plus a superb touch of sweetness is created with this great blending of Dominican Piloto Cubano, Honduran and Nicaraguan tobacco.

In 1883 Papa Azul Martinez left Cuba for the Dominican Republic and brought with him Cuban tobacco seeds. For over 100 years in the Dominican Republic, the Garcia Martinez family have grown some of the industry's most respected tobaccos. La Diferencia Cubana is made with aged tobaccos - a blend of San Vicente Seco, San Vicente Ligero, Piloto Dominicano Seco, and broadleaf filler tobaccos; an Olor Dominicano binder; and a Nicaraguan sun-grown wrapper.

The Vuelta Abajo...These cigars are very well made and as I mentioned previously, are blended with an 8 year old Dominican vintage tobacco. The cigar is firm, cuts well, lights easily, draws easily, burn evenly and basically has all the aspects of a perfect cigar. The outside wrapper is covered with a dark Brazilian tobacco leaf, the binder is Piloto Cubana leaf from the Dominical Republic and the filler is this wonderful blend of the 1959 Cuban crop from Vuelta Abajo, Cuba and the 8 year old Dominican.

Macanudo Hyde Park
    •Café – Connecticut Shade Wrapper, Dominican (Piloto Cubano) and Mexican Filler, Mexico San Andrean Binder. •Maduro - Connecticut Broadleaf Wrapper, Dominican (Piloto Cubano) and Mexican Filler, Connecticut Binder.
    ...You have a lot of time on your hands laker, finding all this detail info on leaves and such. I'm jealous actually... =)
    phobicsquirrel:
    ...You have a lot of time on your hands laker, finding all this detail info on leaves and such. I'm jealous actually... =)
    I'm one of these guy's with a half dozen windows opened at the same time. Always searching info. and doing several things at once.
    Ah, I see.... And what OS do you have by chance?
    phobicsquirrel:
    Actually, I am one of those rare people who realy like Vista, believe it or not.
  • laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Actually, I am one of those rare people who realy like Vista, believe it or not.
    Nice white men have been dispatched to your house and are bringing you a new coat! Hey free coat!
    jeff_connors:
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Nice white men have been dispatched to your house and are bringing you a new coat! Hey free coat!
    HEY, AND IT'S WHITE TOO...JUST LIKE THE LAST ONE!
  • It's stylish too!!! The arms are tied together, everyone in Hollywood wares them that way now!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    jeff_connors:
    It's stylish too!!! The arms are tied together, everyone in Hollywood wares them that way now!
    Yeah, but all those Hollywood people are cra....Oh, I get it. :)
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    jeff_connors:
    I cant remember the last time I had a "bad cigar"...... Gurkha’s Triple Ligero...... would not trade my liver for a box, but would consider doing some pretty crazy things on a dare for a box ! Smooth ligero that gives one the felling that "all is well with the world" Check out the review
    Oliva Serie V.

Tell em' Vid sent ya.
  • Vidarien:
    jeff_connors:
    Oliva Serie V.

Tell em' Vid sent ya.
    WhaAAAAAAAAAA?