Home Ratings & Reviews

Torano Dominico

Has anyone tried the Carlos Torano Dominico? It's a really inexpensive smoke that's good to hand out to moochers. While the maduro isn't a great cigar, it's a decent knock around smoke. The wrappers are splotchy and they look like hell but they all have a good draw with an even burn. The flavor profile isn't the greatest but you do get hints of dark cocoa and a deep tobacco flavor. Haven't tried the habano yet but I hear it's similar to a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. When you're a smoker on a budget and your wife hates cigars you have to do what you have to do. It's not a Cohiba XV but it's decent.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I've got a few of these in the Humi... might have to try them. Tora
  • I have them in both wrappers.....they are a pretty good cheap smoke, i bought a bundle of each wrapper type & smoke them when im cutting the grass or at the golf course. Im always down for a good cheap smoke.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    OK so i tried the Dominico...
    Worst smoke ever. Flat out terrible, the burn looked something like a cartoon exploding cigar.
    The taste was great but the burn was just so bad i couldn't smoke it. Mine basically peeled like a banana and my friends tunneled for a whole inch.
    These are so bad I don't even want to gift them.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    stephen_hannibal:
    OK so i tried the Dominico...
    Worst smoke ever. Flat out terrible, the burn looked something like a cartoon exploding cigar.
    The taste was great but the burn was just so bad i couldn't smoke it. Mine basically peeled like a banana and my friends tunneled for a whole inch.
    These are so bad I don't even want to gift them.
    You sure you don't want to gift them? lol. I'd take them.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind trying the Dominico, so far the only Torano I have had is the 1916. First had some age on it and was creamy and hints of cedar (probably from my humi) the next one I had was pretty fresh and no where near as good.

"Long ashes my friends."