Home Cigar 101

How much smoke

mb92755mb92755 Posts: 34
Quick question: how much smoke I draw. I tend to take a big draw of a lot of smoke. I take a big mouthful, puff up my cheeks and then hold it, blow some out, suck in some air with the rest and blow some more. I'm Looking for flavor and mouth feel. Am I overdoing it? My cigars seem to last as long or longer than what I've read. I tend to like full flavored cigars, like the Serie V maduro I just finished. Am I missing out on anything by smoking this way? Mike

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it is not getting hot or you are getting bitter taste from the long draws, I don't see any issue with it. I smoke fast as well, but as long as it is not going out or getting hot I let the cigar dictate my pace. If I am smoking a corona or lancero, I will smoke slower with shorter puffs since they tend to get hot.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    So you're a 1 hitter Mike, lol. Retro-haling through the nose at the end will open up more flavors too. I'm smoking robusto's mostly now and do the 2 little hits them the draw, hold it then slowly blow out. Retro-hale every once in a while and taste that difference in flavors. I will be sitting there smacking my lips and doing the yummy tongue like I just had a good bite of food, my wife just laughs. rsherman24 is right about corona's. I do a 1 hit then a smaller draw. As long as you're enjoying that's the important thing bro
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    As long as you're enjoying that's the important thing bro
    thats all you need

• mb92755mb92755 Posts: 34
    And I am. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything subtle by being such a big toker.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    This is a question that usually is pretty common to those who start out in this hobby. We see those who smoke cigars and how much smoke escapes from their mouth...how much they draw in...how much they let out. There isn't that much of a mystery as to how it's done as much as what is comfortable to them. Some will only draw in very little while others draw in so much you'd think there was a fire going on inside their mouth. It's all in what we like and get comfortable with. Keep doing different things with your draw and after awhile you'll have your own way of doing things.