Home Non Cigar Related

iPhone 6 and 6 plus

FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
Any one out there with the new 6 or 6 plus? My wife ordered me a 6 plus for my Christmas present and will be here in the next couple weeks or so. I am upgrading from a 4s I have had for almost four years.

Any good recommendations for a case? I have been using Otter box's on my current phone but not dead set on this if you like something else let me know. I know there is another one out there that is more water and dust resistant/proof but forgot the name. Also if one claims to resist the "bending" these new 6 plus's have quickly gained a reputation for, I'd like to know about that.

Not looking to turn this into an iPhone VS Droid thread.

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting a 6 next week. Looking forward to it. As far as the bending concern, the videos I've seen show a fair amount of force required to do it. Keep it out of your back pocket and you should be fine. I'm looking at cases as well, but something a little lower profile than an otterbox.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Rob there's a few questions that need to be asked...... First do you wear skinny jeans? If you do please pack up your SH!Tand leave the forums.......... Second do you leave your phone in your back pocket and sit on it? If you've answered no to both of these questions then there is really nothing wrong with the 6+ ...... The newer otterbox cases have thinned out a bit for the new wave of man sized smart phones..... I bought an LG G3 back in July and like it a lot after having an iPhone 5 for the prior 2.5 years. My iPhone was in an otterbox from day 1 and was in impeccable condition..... I sold it on ebay with the phone original charger, case , car charger, USB cable for work, and 30pin to lightning adapter for 430.00 not bad for an almost 3 yr old phone..... Point of the story buy a quality case leave it on and you'll have no issues.... I've also herd that the initial few runs of 6+ phone had the wave issues and that it's not longer a huge issue as well. Hope this helps.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picturing Rob in skinny jeans. LOL.
    Otter boxes are great but bulky. Well worth the size if you tend to, or may ever, drop your phone on a hard surface.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Id like a 6 I think the 6+ is to big for me though
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • BrianakBrianak Posts: 255
    I have a 6 plus. Went from a 5 with no case to the 6+ with a folio style case. Really like it as I no longer carry a wallet.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Picturing Rob in skinny jeans. LOL.
    Otter boxes are great but bulky. Well worth the size if you tend to, or may ever, drop your phone on a hard surface.
    Yea..... They don't make "skinny jeans" with a 44" waist... Thank goodness!

I have always had my 4s in an Otter Box and was a fan. The other one was Life(something) that I have seen and if I can find one, that might be the case I go with.
    Lifeproof is the name of that case
  • Iceberg04Iceberg04 Posts: 64
    FireRob:
    Any one out there with the new 6 or 6 plus? My wife ordered me a 6 plus for my Christmas present and will be here in the next couple weeks or so. I am upgrading from a 4s I have had for almost four years.

Any good recommendations for a case? I have been using Otter box's on my current phone but not dead set on this if you like something else let me know. I know there is another one out there that is more water and dust resistant/proof but forgot the name. Also if one claims to resist the "bending" these new 6 plus's have quickly gained a reputation for, I'd like to know about that.

Not looking to turn this into an iPhone VS Droid thread.
    I just bought iPhone 6 plus's for me and my wife, we love them! I held my iPhone 5 after holding the 6 plus and I don't know how I thought that phone was big... it gives me burger king hands lol I am also looking for a case. I had the otterbox real tree camo case on the iPhone 5 and loved it. but as of right now there isn't much as far as options for the 6 plus... the lady at Verizon told me that they would be getting more colors in soon, but for now im stuck with either pink or black.... the other case your were referring too is the lifeproof case, and I don't believe that they have release the 6+ case yet, but its coming soon
    Iceberg04:
    .... the other case your were referring too is the lifeproof case, and I don't believe that they have release the 6+ case yet, but its coming soon
    Ah ok. I think I want the lifeproof. My oldest daughter got me a Chicago Bears case that will work until I can get either the lifeproof or otterbox. Of course the Bears one looks good to me but with out a built in screen protector, I think it's protection value is about as good as the Bears O-line was this year. (for those that don't follow football, that means I don't think it will do a great job protecting my soon to be new phone)
    Excited now, tracking shows it should be delivered tomorrow. Trying to talk the wife into bringing it to me at work when it shows up.

Now what to do with the old phone???
  • BrianakBrianak Posts: 255
    Got a $300 credit for my old 5 from AT&T
    Brianak:
    Got a $300 credit for my old 5 from AT&T
    Nice! My 4s is so jacked up I don't think I will even try to do anything with it but use it as an iPod when I am out on the mower.

Wife said it arrived today but that she wasn't in the mood to load up all the kids just to bring it to me. Which is fine cause I have been trying to update my current phone so I could transfer all my apps, contacts and music to the new phone. Long story short I have never once updated the software on my phone in the almost four years I have had it and attempting to do so now is proving very difficult. Don't know if the problems are with my phone or with my laptop... Irish got any pointers???