Home Ratings & Reviews

oliva Connecticut

I normally don't smoke too many milds, but have 4 of these(had 4) and have smoked 2. Not aweful, but not good either. Just really bland.

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I wasn't impressed with it either. The flavor was too light, and the smoke wasn't smooth when cycled through the nose. I've only tried the robusto. One out of the mail, and the other with 2 months of rest. A lot of people really like them though.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think this is a decent cigar, but not anything I'd want to buy in quantity. To me also it lands a little on the bland side of things and doesn't really carry over that creaminess that is so prominent with Connecticut wrappers.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I love these for when I am in the mood for a mild smoke. I have tried it in every size and I have found the toro to be my favorite. I agree, not a lot of complexity but they taste great, they are fairly cheap, and the construction is perfect every time.
  • ejenne87:
    I love these for when I am in the mood for a mild smoke. I have tried it in every size and I have found the toro to be my favorite. I agree, not a lot of complexity but they taste great, they are fairly cheap, and the construction is perfect every time.
    Agreed. Great construction, good flavor, perfect burn and draw. The perfect cigar to get a newb hooked on this great hobby of ours :)
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    nickgonzo:
    ejenne87:
    Agreed. Great construction, good flavor, perfect burn and draw. The perfect cigar to get a newb hooked on this great hobby of ours :)
    Hmmm...has Macanudo met its match for newb hookery? :)
  • Haha....newb hookery...naughty.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    nickgonzo:
    ejenne87:
    I also agree, I keep a couple of these around for when I feel like a Conny. About the only Connecticuts I keep on hand are these, Perdomo ESVs and 5 Vegas Gold.