Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up a little bit of Bourbon and a special brew that even had my name on it hehehe image

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Local B&M is restocked with Opus. I decided to take advantage of that.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    The Kid:
    30 years ;o)
    photo 20141229_163300.jpg
    Amazing Rudy, absolutely deserved and congrats! One day I will get my chance at that but until then I will live vicariously via you hahahaha :)
    Yes the Bourbon Gods smiled upon me, beginners luck, as this was the first time I ever went hunting for this. Lots of leg work and I was just about to give up, actually I kinda did but then made a couple more last ditch calls and Voil
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Picked up a little bit of Bourbon and a special brew that even had my name on it hehehe image

Awesome,, love the Label on the Ale,, haha. Havent tried the Michters but its one on my sample list. Enjoy
  • Options
    The Kid:
    90+ Irishman:

Awesome,, love the Label on the Ale,, haha. Havent tried the Michters but its one on my sample list. Enjoy
    I like a good sour beer once in a while and with this being finished in whiskey barrels I'm keenly interested as to how it goes. As for the Michters, I cracked it open last night, very very smooth and pretty good character so was quite pleased especially for the price since it was the cheaper of two bottles I was considering. As for your "30" years that's awesome and very happy for you, great job on the hunt :) Maybe next year I will try, who knows...
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim's a nice guy. Really he is. But he also has a little 'problem.' Apparently he doesn't understand that it's not okay to just go out for a dinner, a drink, a smoke, etc. without a full frontal assault on those around him. When he first came into the cigar lounge he was complaining that he could barely get his herfador closed. So, after the AB Pryme (the best cigar I have smoked this year) he hands me this:

Jim, Jim, Jim....

And if that wasn't enough I come home to find this tasty package from Stubble:

How does the saying go? With friends like this...

Thank you so much guys, and happy new year!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Echambers:
    Jim's a nice guy. Really he is. But he also has a little 'problem.' Apparently he doesn't understand that it's not okay to just go out for a dinner, a drink, a smoke, etc. without a full frontal assault on those around him. When he first came into the cigar lounge he was complaining that he could barely get his herfador closed. So, after the AB Pryme (the best cigar I have smoked this year) he hands me this:

Jim, Jim, Jim....

And if that wasn't enough I come home to find this tasty package from Stubble:

How does the saying go? With friends like this...

Thank you so much guys, and happy new year!
    Very nice!!! Those Friends and Family are a biotch to come but absolutely brilliant smokes. Enjoy Eric :)
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    image There's only a few in the box, but my guy threw it in for free. Love those Hemmingway maddies in any size, but these signatures go hard!
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    C.Com delivered some singles of the new Ashton Symmetry I plan to age until summer, along with an Avo 88. After reading the positive post about these cigars over the past week or so I figured I better get on board.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iPhone 6
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    C.Com delivered some singles of the new Ashton Symmetry I plan to age until summer, along with an Avo 88. After reading the positive post about these cigars over the past week or so I figured I better get on board.

Symmetry is a tasty smoke.
  • Options

So I've been watching a brothers two humidors for over a year while he is on the road trucking and making a living. He and his wife came over today for lunch and to pick them up since they're about to move to Nebraska. Had a great time and great lunch and he gave me for my "troubles" (lol yeah right easy to maintain a Humi or two extra) three Viaje Super Shot 12 gauges and 3 Viaje Platino Lanceros that have at least 4 years on em. He also made me this sweet paracord lanyard thing for my Herfador. Lastly I also picked up a new bourbon while I was out be about, Widow Jane :)

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    30 years ;o)
    photo 20141229_163300.jpg
    nice, i assume mines in the mail,lol
  • Options
    Found a bottle of Stagg Jr. Only one I've been able to find in CO :)

• Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    image Received a nice package from Ccom today!
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    90+ Irishman:

Nice! I'll trade you, lol. Picked these up today. More of a scotch and rum guy when it comes to liquor but I'm trying to branch out a little.
    photo 8060EA52-6426-450F-BFB5-B0A219692FA7_zpscl6kfrzy.jpg
  • Options
    amz1301:
    90+ Irishman:

Nice! I'll trade you, lol. Picked these up today. More of a scotch and rum guy when it comes to liquor but I'm trying to branch out a little.
    photo 8060EA52-6426-450F-BFB5-B0A219692FA7_zpscl6kfrzy.jpg
    Nice choices those Ezra and Old Forrester should treat you well, don't know much about the Grandad one. I used to do mostly scotch and rum myself too but about a year ago I started shifting to bourbon and whiskey and the past couple months that's pretty much all I've been enjoying and hunting. Luckily the missus supports it and isn't upset by me going a bit bourbon crazy. How's your daughter doing Andy? If I remember right she was born on the same exact day as my son, Cael?
  • Options
    Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    My Father Oro De Nicaragua, 1 box perfectos 1 box robustos. Ill let these rest for a while.
  • Options
    Chuck N:
    My Father Oro De Nicaragua, 1 box perfectos 1 box robustos. Ill let these rest for a while.
    Man that sounds good, enjoy Chuck and congrats :)
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    photo temporary_zpsf003e54f.jpg
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    don't know much about the Grandad one.
    Granddad's a classic, which you can see by the old-school "Bonded" guarantee on the bottle which is left over from a by-gone era when people wanted to be sure what they were getting was what the label promised. Made by Beam, the granddad on the bottle is Basil Hayden, a name you might recognize from Beam's better aged/higher end line. Real sweet and smooth for 100 proof too.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    Granddad's a classic, which you can see by the old-school "Bonded" guarantee on the bottle which is left over from a by-gone era when people wanted to be sure what they were getting was what the label promised. Made by Beam, the granddad on the bottle is Basil Hayden, a name you might recognize from Beam's better aged/higher end line. Real sweet and smooth for 100 proof too.
    Way kewl thanks for the info Ken, sounds good and I did know what bonded meant, you don't hardly see that on any bottles anymore.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    Way kewl thanks for the info Ken, sounds good and I did know what bonded meant, you don't hardly see that on any bottles anymore.
    Good info Ken. Heres a link that will expand upon The Bottled on Bond thing, Some still label there bottles as such, EH Taylor does, pretty sure there are others.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottled_in_bond
  • Options
    The Kid:
    90+ Irishman:
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    Good info Ken. Heres a link that will expand upon The Bottled on Bond thing, Some still label there bottles as such, EH Taylor does, pretty sure there are others.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottled_in_bond
    Spot in Rudy, I've been doing a ton of research and reading now that I want to actually start to get into bourbon like I did with cigars and the whole bottled in bond was really interesting to read about and only a handful still practice it. Very cool throwback IMHO.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Post Christmas, Christmas shopping.
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    Verrrrrrrry nice. You combined my top 3 favorite hobbies of all time in that single picture. If it had a beautiful naked woman in it I probably would have had a stroke and died from pure awesomeness lol. Nice choices ther Drew, love the XD lines, amazing spirit choices (I really should find a way to afford a bottle of the Angel's Rye) and those Crowned Heads smokes are silly good. My hat is off to you sir.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    That's a good combination there! I have a M&P 9 also but it's not a shield. And ironically enough I'm smoking a Jericho Hill as I type this LOL
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    from my lovely wife.late shipped christmas presents. and my first installment of c.o.m.c. from someplace similar to this. comc photo IMG_20150103_21362_edit_1420339043304_zps2mgcpt13.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    I have one of those Smith & Wesson M&P Shields also in the 9mm. Makes a great concealed carry gun.
  • Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    from my lovely wife.late shipped christmas presents. and my first installment of c.o.m.c. from someplace similar to this. comc photo IMG_20150103_21362_edit_1420339043304_zps2mgcpt13.jpg
    Is that a boxed pressed nub? I'm in love lol