Home Cigar 101

Hot smoke

ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
I had a 5 vegas high primings and from the start it was a wayyyy hot smoke, to the point it was almost burning my mouth, and had a really bitter taste. I ended up smoking almost half of it (over an hour period) and it was just hot the entire way. Is this because of something i was doing or did i just get like a dud?
Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    an hour for half of it.... what size?

if i remember correctly there are no vitolas over 7 inches long and no rings under 48. even if it was the Churchill at 7 x 52, an our for about half is about right. (fast for me but i smoke exceptionally slow). I do not believe this to be operator error.

probably something wrong with the cigar.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    That's interesting. If it took you that long for half the cigar I agree with Kuzi, no way were you smoking too fast. I wonder if it was a flavor you were experiencing which you registered as a heat sensation? Just grasping at straws here, I've never heard of anyone having a hot cigar from the get-go.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    It was a Robusto (5" x 50). It was just really weird.
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be dry? That gets you hot bitter smoke. Coulda been rolled too loose. I imagine it was a dud. Sounds terrible!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    Shadow sound like you were smoking a road flare LOL
    Retircs1:
    Shadow sound like you were smoking a road flare LOL
    The band may have said Orion but im not very sure
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious, how much rest did this one have? I bought a 10 pack almost 2 yrs. back and still have a few left. My notes from back then are lost in cyber-space, but I don't remember anything good about these (although my memory is questionable at best) What I do remember is that several would be so hot at the 1/3rd mark that the rest of it felt like a dead wet sponge, or the burn would twist off badly down one side, at the time I wrote it off as user error, I set some back for a nap thinking that might help. I know there are a few members who seem to like these so it seems likely I may have gotten a bad batch.
    It had 8 months sit time on it when i got it but i received it from MVW67 and i pulled it out with a rh of 69 (give or take a few)
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I've been burned by poor construction on 5 vegas sticks so many times I only order the gold's in box-press because it's the only vitola of theirs that doesn't turn out to be plugged 50% of the time.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    Youngryan216, how does one get burned ?