Home General Discussion

Top 5 Sticks In Your Humidor?

I only JUST started out, but my top 5 (not in order) are: Cohiba black, Cohiba extra vigiroso, and the Edicion Limitada 2014 series Habana Cohiba, Romeo, and Monte cubans

What about you?
EDIT: somehow there seems to be a lot of confusion my the meaning of "top", SO..... If you could only choose five of the sticks in your humidor for the rest of your life, which five would they be?

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you're off to a good start. I guess mine, as of now, MOW Armada, Opus X, Reconquista, ISOM Montecristo, 5-Vegas 10 year Limitada.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Ashton VSG
    LFD DL
    Oliva Serie V Melanio
    Opus X Lost City
    Padron 1964 Anni

Those are in no particular order. I almost dropped the Padron in favor of some others, but I'm guaranteed it will taste like I expect while the others sometimes surprise me. The Opus makes it based on anticipation; I've never had the Lost City. This one was a gift and I'm getting some age on it before I smoke it. There are other smokes that could supplant several of these, easily, but they're not currently in the humi.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Tough question, but a fun one to think about.

AF Anejo Shark
    DPG Blue (old before foot band, nasty yellow cellophane)
    Tatuaje TAA 2011
    LGC Inmensos (cc, unknown year)
    Viaje Zombie 2012

I actually haven't smoked any of these. They could all be terrible, but I doubt it very seriously haha.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wmstephen96:
    I only JUST started out, but my top 5 (not in order) are: Cohiba black, Cohiba extra vigiroso, and the Edicion Limitada 2014 series Habana Cohiba, Romeo, and Monte cubans What about you?
    first off, welcome to the forum!

second .... be sure to check out the "Newbie Welcoming Thread" and introduce yourself --- here: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/3027.aspx
    and also the "Newbs to the Forums Please READ!!!!" thread. Lots of good info there and answers to many FAQ that pop up --- here: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/25/437201/ShowThread.aspx#437201

also, are we talking top 5 favorites?
    (or top 5 rare/hard to find?)

if favs --- right now it'd probably be:

1) mow virtue & angelenos (tie)
    3) san miguel
    4) camacho pe
    5) illusione mj12 nat

(but this list is ever changing. ask me again next month and i'd bet you my list is different or at least in a different order)

honorable mention: avo dominant 13th.

and i can think of about 3 other current favs but i'm all out of them at the moment.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Tough question. For me:
    Opus X Forbidden X 2006
    Opus X Maduro
    Opus X Lost City
    Destino Al Siglo
    2005 GoF Don Carlos

Close runners up are:
    1 Single Anejo #55 from 2008
    A really Old Don Carlos I got from Joe
    Padron 1926 80th Maduro
    ISOM Cohiba
    2004 GoF Carlito
    A full Original Release box of Armada
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davidoff Year of the Sheep
    Opus X **** from 1999
    Cohiba Behike 54
    Oliva Master Blends 2
    DPG Series JJ from 2006
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kinda makes you think for a minute. Right now my top 5 smokes are My FatherLaBijou[just had my first one aroundhalloween) San Cristobel (anyone of them!) AVO (tan band) Sancho Panza maduro and my favorite go to yard gar factory 59 throwout
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Thats a tough question? Im torn between the ones I really love smoking and the ones I have for collecting and aging. I guess my most treasured are some old Opus X and htf Tats.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Forum blend. 'nuff said
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Forum blend. 'nuff said
    Beat me to it. I've got five of them.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Ooooooh I like this thread!

Cohiba Red Dot
    Undercrown
    Ave Maria
    Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne
    MOW Virtue

So many tastys lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool thread.

Crowned Heads Mason Dixon (North & South)
    Kristoff Maduro Lancero
    Leaf by Oscar (Maduro & Sumatra)
    RP Edge Candela
    Ave Maria Imaculata

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Rain:
    Forum blend. 'nuff said

which label opus? Ive been hearing alot of opus, especially lost city
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
  • Chuck N:
    Thats a tough question? Im torn between the ones I really love smoking and the ones I have for collecting and aging. I guess my most treasured are some old Opus X and htf Tats.
    which opus? ive heard alot about the lost city especially
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Wmstephen96:
    I only JUST started out, but my top 5 (not in order) are: Cohiba black, Cohiba extra vigiroso, and the Edicion Limitada 2014 series Habana Cohiba, Romeo, and Monte cubans What about you?
    Welcome to the forums! At the moment my humidor has less than 5, so I don't have much to add to the thread, except this question: you sure about those Cubans, buddy? Habanos 2014 LE releases were a Cohiba, Partagas, and Bolivar (no LE Montes or Romeos in 2014). Not saying you're lying, just wondering whether the year is off or if you have fakes :-{
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Rain:
    My bad, wromg post!
  • Hays:
    Wmstephen96:
    I only JUST started out, but my top 5 (not in order) are: Cohiba black, Cohiba extra vigiroso, and the Edicion Limitada 2014 series Habana Cohiba, Romeo, and Monte cubans

What about you?

Welcome to the forums! At the moment my humidor has less than 5, so I don't have much to add to the thread, except this question: you sure about those Cubans, buddy? Habanos 2014 LE releases were a Cohiba, Partagas, and Bolivar (no LE Montes or Romeos in 2014). Not saying you're lying, just wondering whether the year is off or if you have fakes :-{
    Id post a picture of all five of my 2014 cuban limiteds but i dont know how to post the picture
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davidoff Royal Robusto
    Stradivarius de los Maestros Robusto Major
    Partagas 150
    Partagas 160
    Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario

A few of them were gifts from some great people and are my prized possessions.
    The problem with that is finding the right occasion to smoke them.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    This thread scared me, I still feel like a newbie when it comes to cigars. Plus this can be taken many ways, what constitutes top? My favorites? My cherished? Most of the cigars I'd say are my tops, I haven't even smoked yet, lol. Been saving for a special occasion.

1. Cohiba Commador. Mrs. HILK bought a 3 pack for me when my son was born
    2. 5 Vegas Miami. Originals got one from Mr. drew Dubridge and proceeded to get as many as possible
    3. A. fuente Shark. Haven't tried yet but heard great things
    4. The crowned heads 4 kicks
    5. Nub cameroon all time favorite cigar

Runner ups
    Gurkha red witch
    Foundry wells
    Camacho triple maduro
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wmstephen96:
    Hays:
    Wmstephen96:
    Id post a picture of all five of my 2014 cuban limiteds but i dont know how to post the picture
    Are these the ones that came in a glass front box?
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opus X Angel's Share
    Opus X Lost City
    Opus X Fuente Fuente
    Fuente Anejo Shark
    God of Fire Don Carlito 2009

Alternates: A few ISOMs (nothing top shelf)
    I haven't smoked any of these before. Might have to change that soon.
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    Wmstephen96:
    what do you mean top 5? is it what we consider top? or ones that having rating in the 90 +
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    Wmstephen96:
    Hays:
    Wmstephen96:
    Are these the ones that came in a glass front box?
    I hope the answer to that question is ... No.
  • Right. After you said they could be fake i inspected them and my monte's label looks poorly made. Possibly fakes. My granpa gottem for me. But Whatchya gunna do...
  • As in your most prized or favorites. My favorites are also my most prized
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favorite would infer that you like to smoke them regularly or at least more than once.

Prized would infer something you cherish, whether is be because someone special had gifted it to you or it is one that is so good that you would only smoke it on special occasions.

So, which is it?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 5 Most Cherished:

1. Hamlet Custom Roll shaggy foot torpedo
    2. Partagas 155th Anniversary Salomon
    3. OR Liga Privada T52 Flying Pig
    4. Opus X Forbbidden X Lancero coffined 2007
    5. Davidoff Year of the Sheep

Top 5 Favorite Smokes in My Humi:

1. Tatuaje Le V
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Viaje Daisy Cutter only have 1 after I smoked 1. Took me 4 years to find one and then another followed right after
    2. Viaje Zombie Original Release. Back in the day I hunted these down and shared. After they were gone I thought what the hell was I thinking giving so many away. Now I have 1 again for a special day
    3. Viaje Zombie Red 2014. 4. Viaje Skull & Bones Mystery Original Release
    5. All of my other Viaje

You may wonder if I smoke anything other than Viaje and truth is not often anymore. I am sure I am missing out on great things but Viaje has never let me down. They are not all unicorn farts and rainbows but I have yet to smoke one I didn't like. A majority are amazing IMO. I often find myself in a debate when buying because I know Viaje can be hard to find so when I am thinking of another brand I often talk myself into buying whatever Viaje I can find.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple Opus,s a few Padron 64,s and 26,s some Pepins blues and Cuban Classics and a couple My Fathers I have left.