Home General Discussion

GGGRRRRRKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

First of all, as a fellow internet marketing entrepreneur (diamond industry), I've got to congratulate these boys on what's turned into a top notch business, both in terms of product and service. Well done guys!

Now the question: was tempted with a clever up sell a 6 to 8 months back during my online order.  The mystic and allure of this Roles Royce brand, the Gurkha, was more than I could pass up. So I bought the sampler ( better known as “the samplah” round these parts).  Fool that I am, I gave a few away before I had a chance to try one.  But when I did, oh my……….   Was elegantly bold, even flavored, leathery and for lack of a better descriptor, oily. It literally tasted like I was sipping the finest of olive or truffle oils with every pull.  And I can’t for the life of me remember which of the many fine Gurkha lines this was. If I recall correctly, there was one or two Titans, a Beast, a Beauty and I think one other. Can someone help?  I’m in love… I just don’t know her name.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Possibly a Centurian ?
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Do you remember the size or shape? That might help too.

I'm thinking it was probably a legen or regent if it came in a sampler.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    Do you remember the size or shape? That might help too.

I'm thinking it was probably a legen or regent if it came in a sampler.
    and what color was the band?
  • Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    maybe the Titan
  • centurian is perfecto... correct? i know it wasn't a perfecto. speaking of centurians, lovely... but mine have a tendency to unravel pretty easily. any tips on keeping that guy in form?

• was maybe 48-50 ring.... no more than 6".  i do remember that Titans came in the sampler. I bought a Titan last night... excellent but i don't think that was it. i remember vividly a distinctive smooth oily texture on my palate.

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Were all the cigars in the sampler approximately the same shape/size? Did they come in a special tin, box, or travel case?

There is a Toro sampler that includes the Beast, Beauty, Titan, Crest, and Shaggy
  • Of that Toro Sampler, which would you say has that rich oily bent to it??
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I don't know.. I haven't had them, because I found it on the internet in a search :) If you look for it, I think it was only like $40 for the whole stinking sampler, which is a steal. Did the cigar have a cedar sleeve on it?
    it could be the regent toro. i find that as far at the regent goes the best shape (in my opinion) is the toro.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I'm thinking it was a regent also. It's got a nice oily wrapper and has a flavor (before lighting) similar to the salted plum candies you can get in the oriental or latin markets.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269

Might be the shaggy.  I think I bought the same sampler.  Was the band copper color with a uncut end?

• zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I finally broke out one of my Centurians last night. I was.... underwhelmed.
    I don't usually smoke perfectos. Is it normal for the draw to be so tight? I just had to work too hard to be able to enjoy this stick. Couldn't get a decent mouthful until she was burned down to the band. And even then I couldn't get much flavor. These have been in the humi for several weeks. I guess the rest may sit there for a while.
    the draw wasnt tight on any centurians i have smoked. ive found that perfectos and torpedos need to be cut right for the draw to be ok. was it cut enough?
  • think i might have found her.... chipping away at the definate "no's" i'm left with only a few potentials. And then i'm reduced to reading reviews of each. I am becoming more and more convinced that the Beauty was what knocked my socks off.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    diamond stud:
    think i might have found her.... chipping away at the definate "no's" i'm left with only a few potentials. And then i'm reduced to reading reviews of each. I am becoming more and more convinced that the Beauty was what knocked my socks off.
    Now all you have to do is buy a box or two and re-enjoy. I have a Beauty waiting to be smoked. If it stops raining perhaps that will be the cigar I enjoy tonight..
  • BullDozerBullDozer Posts: 1

What do you think of the Titan's ?