Home General Discussion

oh happy day, new cigar lounge right down the hill....

Just found out that the Cuban sammich shop down the hill has expanded the menu! The really cool thing is that Julio has begun producing his own label cigars. AAAANNDD apparently has opened the space next to the restaurant as a private cigar lounge. The "members" meet by invitation a couple nights a week for sammiches and stogies. I received an invitation to drop by the next meeting night. Freakin' sweet! Thanks, Julio! here's a link to his place: http://www.twistedcubancafe.com/about.html

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very very cool congrats and enjoy sounds like a sweet environment :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamison and Pyrat on the menu...cool.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I'd never want to go home
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. This looks like a solid place for a meal, drink and smoke. I'm jealous.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Way cool, sounds like a great place to hang out man! Take some pics after you check it out.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    How awesome is that!
  • Bad_MonkeyBad_Monkey Posts: 110
    turns out that Julio was a torceador in Havana for 19 years before he came to the states and is rolling his own label with his own hands. How cool is that? I'll be dropping by for Thursdays meeting and should have more details by the end of next week. Who wants to drop by for a cuban sammich and a stogie?
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see pics
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That place sounds awesome!!!!!! Have fun!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man that sounds like a heck of a thing to be invited to. Reminds me of when I met Castro's fomer personal cigar roller. Dude didn't speak a lick of English but imagine the stories he could tell.
    pics and review to come next week
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is awesome!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Monkey:
    Just found out that the Cuban sammich shop down the hill has expanded the menu! The really cool thing is that Julio has begun producing his own label cigars. AAAANNDD apparently has opened the space next to the restaurant as a private cigar lounge. The "members" meet by invitation a couple nights a week for sammiches and stogies. I received an invitation to drop by the next meeting night. Freakin' sweet! Thanks, Julio! here's a link to his place: http://www.twistedcubancafe.com/about.html
    very nice indeed!! I kinda like the name of the place !!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

twistedstem:
    Bad Monkey:
    very nice indeed!! I kinda like the name of the place !!
    LOL of course you do!
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    So jelly! Enjoy it.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico