Home General Discussion

CCom Awards

Wanted to get your guys thoughts on the Cigar awards for this year

Cigar.com Cigar Awards
Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    cant say i really agree with any of them save for the Armada. but taste is subjective. so... whatever.

• ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    The Partagas 1845 is one of my favs as long with the Nica Libre. I think they have some good ones but many i have never tried
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    yeah, not exactly my cup of tea with most of those.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Not impressed. Havent had everyone of them but cant agree with those that I have had.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Saw these in the catalog today. I like two of the mild choices and haven't had the third. Like the Armada and JC. Everything else I either haven't tried our don't like.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mild picks are all good cigars. I never thought a brickhouse was full though. I always think of these as "what is pretty good, but also will sell to a ton of people" awards. Clearly chosen for mass appeal and less about ratings like CAs top 25.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the mild and best value.

I have not had the Mark Twain or the Nica Libre. Having said that I would agree with the choices even though they are not my favorite smokes.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I honestly can't take this thing seriously, since inevitably these "awards" are dominated by the brands C.com hypes most in their catalogs. There's almost always one or more Diesels, Olivas, Man O' Wars and Cohibas that win and, not surprising, you'll find these same brands promoted most prominently in the catalogs and in their samplers.

I bought last year's "awards sampler" and the only one I hadn't tried before that impressed me at all was the AVO XO.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I think I can take Troll of the Year?
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I bought it last year. Turned me on to the then new Sons of Anarchy. Really good smoke.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    you won by a long shot, wasn't even close ;-) ;-) ;-)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Rain:
    you won by a long shot, wasn't even close ;-) ;-) ;-)

No Doubt.