Home Ratings & Reviews

Anyone into Crowned Heads or Roma Craft?

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been on my Viaje fixation for too long and have been trying to find other boutique type of cigars to branch out. The two that keep popping up are Roma Craft and Crowned Heads. I do not know much about the different blends or offerings from each. Are they easy or hard to find? Am I just setting myself up for more hard to find things to drive me insane? Just wondered about your thoughts and if you have smoked a few what you would recommend. Thanks

Comments

• ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    They seem to be pretty easy to get ahold of online. I've only had one RomaCraft so far, but it made my favorites list and I definitely wanna try more.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Both are excellent and highly regarded, neither are my style. Roma's Intemperance Brazil is an excellent Brazilian a Maduro IMO. Four Kicks is the new kid on the block, and everyone is freaking out over their releases.
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    You are in for a treat. Both are terrific. The Roma will have a stronger profile. Crowned Heads has been on an awesome run latley putting out some terrific stuff. Im kinda down on Viaje latley. Others to try are Warped cigars and Crux.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Yeah people love warped, seems like if you like la Palina you will like warped. Crux is unreal... All of their cigars are good, and I can't remember a company that did that really.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't smoked or had any Roma Craft stuff in my humis, but as for Crowned Heads well besides Tat/My Father and La Palina, I'm digging Crowned Heads more than any others currently. It's Tat/MF, La Palina, Crowned Heads and Kelner/Davidoff.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Roma craft are fantastic. I've smoked several lines Cromagnum, anthropology, etc all very good.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will add Crux and Warped to my list too then. I have a Roma Craft Aquataine to try out. I haven't come across any Crowned Heads stuff. Are all their offerings limited and hard to find? I have been stopping by a local seeing what they get in new and nothing exciting. If you love Gurkha, RP, CAO and Torano or any other General Cigar offering they have you covered but the new current stuff they lag way behind. I am sure an internet search would answer my own questions but I do appreciate all your input. Plus I have been busy so I am just popping on and off online here and there. Thanks
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Huge fan of the crowned heads! Great company and great sticks. They've released a ton this pass year and haven't been able to try all of them, love the Four Kicks, one of my all time favorites. I also enjoy the Las Calaveras, I just bought a fiver of Jericho Hill, waiting for weather to warm up a bit so I can try. If u have the chance I would highly recommend, the only one I've not loved was the Angels Anvil, it was more of a natural flavor that I didn't enjoy.
    I discovered I have 1 Las Cavaleras that someone bombed me so I will try that soon. Last night I tried a Caldwells The King Is Dead and I really liked it so I have them on my radar too now.
    Oh, u should be careful what u say Jacob..... Take cover!
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Haven't gotten around to try Roma Craft, La Palina Viaje or Warped yet but Crowned Heads has some great Cigars. Have only had one of the LCs and have another I got from scarlin from the Secret Santa that I'm looking forward to revisiting. The Jericho Hill and Four Kicks are both great Cigars too. I think I may have a JD Howard someone sent me too but not sure. I also got a Mason Dixon South as a sample with a recent order and that was very good. Definitely want to get some more of those and also try the Northern version too. So many great makers out there now which is awesome but makes it tough to try em all lol. Definitely try some Crowned Heads fo sho though.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

thehilk:
    thehilk:
    thehilk:
    Hahaha nice job Jeff!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id try 1502 cigars and Caldwell all are really good!! Crowned Heads TAA, Jericho Hill, Las Calaveras all are really good..
    thehilk:
    thehilk:
    Da heck man? This wasn't an invite to a blanket party.
    Shizza those 1502 are good.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Been a CH and roma fan from the start.

If you like the full strength and full body the cromagnon from roma is awesome.

On the other end of thr spectrum the headly grange from CH is a great lighter smoke and i love the corona gorda size.
    thehilk sent me a little sampler of new to me things I can't wait to try. Super excited about all of them especially the TAA. Thank you very much brother.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    thehilk sent me a little sampler of new to me things I can't wait to try. Super excited about all of them especially the TAA. Thank you very much brother.
    That Angel's Anvil is hard to come by. Very nice selection!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
    Smoked Four Kicks today and it was really good. Had another Roma Craft Aquataine this week and I like those too.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The RC Imtemperance BA XX 1 is a nice smoke. i smoked an Envy 5x50 yesterday that was slighty sweet, floral, and med in body. Shaped a little like a Hemingway and burned true. A $6 dollar stick and worth it to me.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    edit
    Have been seeing some negativity towards Jericho Hill online from many people. I have no opinion yet but I do have 1 to try. I would expect great things from My Father factories.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Id try 1502 cigars and Caldwell all are really good!! Crowned Heads TAA, Jericho Hill, Las Calaveras all are really good..
    +1 all awesome choices
    edit
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a shame, I have smoked maybe 10 Jericho hill's and not 1 problem with them. Probably my new 2014 fav cigar release .
    Glock1975:
    That's a shame, I have smoked maybe 10 Jericho hill's and not 1 problem with them. Probably my new 2014 fav cigar release .
    Yup sure is.
    Guess Ill wait for the new Tatuaje Cojonu should be a new one in 2015, or Ill fall back and buy another box of the 2012 habano, Great stick and Im getting to the end of my supply.
    The Kid:
    Glock1975:
    Yup sure is.
    Guess Ill wait for the new Tatuaje Cojonu should be a new one in 2015, or Ill fall back and buy another box of the 2012 habano, Great stick and Im getting to the end of my supply.
    Damn those are good, the Sumatra was my fav though personally.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Trying my first Jericho Hill right this moment. 1st third was really good. Something about it screams "botique" cigar, but I know they're available right here on ccom.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I have no idea what this means in relation to this thread. Troll fail. Do we nerd to start you a thread just to post your random troll comments?
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.