Home General Discussion

Crap...don't make my mistake

matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
By taking your favorite cigar torch lighter with you on a plane. Had to dump both my favorites!!!! Matches it is.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Comments

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    matkn293:
    By taking your favorite cigar torch lighter with you on a plane. Had to dump both my favorites!!!! Matches it is.
    yeah, i had that tip from a couple people that the only way to bring torches on a plan is by burying it in your luggage and hoping no one goes through your stuff.

when i went to punta cana i was lucky and brought 3 of those cheapo torches in my luggage completely full and that got me through the week.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293:
    Damn sorry man, if you need a replacement cutter and lighter you just let me know and I can send you a few replacements. Not super high end but they are reliable and will work.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    sorry to here that at least they took it my dumb ass left it when I went fishing last week sucks
    Retircs1:
    sorry to here that at least they took it my dumb ass left it when I went fishing last week sucks
    My offer is also extended to you too Retircs1... I have a spare cutter and lighter I can ship you with a few followers if needed bro.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    matkn293:
    That really sucks. I'll definitely keep this in mind next time I fly!
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    matkn293:
    Damn sorry man, if you need a replacement cutter and lighter you just let me know and I can send you a few replacements. Not super high end but they are reliable and will work.
    I appreciate it guys. I have 2 more lighters at the house. Have not used them yet. Hopefully they are as good as the two I lost.

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    matkn293:
    90+ Irishman:
    matkn293:
    I appreciate it guys. I have 2 more lighters at the house. Have not used them yet. Hopefully they are as good as the two I lost.
    what kind did you lose?
    Just had a Bugatti 2002 that I got from ccom in the first month of CoTM and a Alec Bradley triple flame soft torch I got for free at the B&M. I still have a Xikar single flame and a another I am anxious to try. I am all good here.

matkn293:
    Just had a Bugatti 2002 that I got from ccom in the first month of CoTM and a Alec Bradley triple flame soft torch I got for free at the B&M. I still have a Xikar single flame and a another I am anxious to try. I am all good here.
    No worries Matkn, still sorry that happened though doesn't make it any less of a heartbreaker.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a friend who forgot he had his favorite knife in his pocket when he went through airport security. He got stopped but the folks doing the search gave him a padded mailer and he was able to send his knife home. Nice folks are hard to come by but they are out there.
    at one point when I traveled a lot and working in the field I got a rather large knife through STL. They searched my bag and couldn't find it. I forgot I even had it. I drove to assignments a lot and just happened to forget it was in my bag. then going through security in a Little ole airport in Kearney Nebraska, they found it. The type of airport that the check in lady was the security lady. I usually have my 15ct herf a for and will just stick it in that and don't have much of an issue except security ripping my bag apart and going through my cigars. This time I decided to grab my 5ct and put it in my my carry on. Lighters were in there and immediately pulled my bag for search. I thought it was the herf. Can only imagine what a plastic box with sticks in it looks like. Why is it you can take a zippo but not a torch lighter? Fuel under pressure is the only thing I can think of.

• I flew to Portland from Houston and ended mailing my lighter home! Hey all I'm a noob cigar guy! I bought my first humidor and realized I have no idea how to keep them! But I'm hoping to learn from the professionals!