Home Pipes

Pipe Revolution

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
Is there a revolution going on with pipes? It seemes, to me anyway, that pipes are being talked about everywhere.
C.com started carrying pipes a while ago, with tobacco and videos, Drew Estate started making, or having pipes made, for them. Cigar fed and other online retailers have jumped on the band wagon.
I have two buddies that live out of my state that are seeing a large interest in pipes as well.

Is this something new? I know that some of yall have been pipe lovers for a while, so im interested in your thoughts.
One God, One Truth

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    It is certainly coming back with a new resurgence. Statistically we are seeing it most with folks in the 18-25 age range. I contribute this to popular culture, i.e. the hipster movement and the revitalization of the Hobbit / Lord of the Rings. Also, folks just want to get away from more conventional tobacco methods, i.e. cigarettes. It's cheaper to smoke a pipe in the long run which equates for the greatest use coming from the college student age group. Also smoking a pipe has really evolved, from a habitual habit, to an actually time and money consuming hobby--helping rid the idea of pipe smoking to be taboo and helping to progress it into a more publically acceptable activity, as it once was. Just my two cents.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Not just pipes. Nasal snuff is also on the up swing too. I think pipes are a natural pull as Sean said. I think the snuff is interesting (get the flavor without the smoke) but cig. smokers seem to be using it to kick the cig. habit. There is a whole lot of discussion of harm reduction on the web now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    I got into the snuff scene a few years ago, I still have a ton of tins, but after awhile it just got to irritating though. When I do any sort of 19th or 18th century living history though, it does come in handy to get a nice nic fix.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'm looking to be a statistic :)
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I've seen a lot of cigarette smokers choose pipes as a substitute. Maybe even more than those who go to cigars.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably because I started smoking pipes but I do notice more people with pipes lately, Movies, TV shows etc. found a pipe club that meets twice a month at the B&M.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Noted!!!
    Sean hooked me up with an awesome sampler that's on the way....I need it meow.
    Rain:
    Sean hooked me up with an awesome sampler that's on the way....I need it meow.
    what did ya order bro? Cus I just bought you and me a new starter pipe!! Ill buzz you when they come in
    You did...what?! Looks like as for pipes...Missouri Meerschaum Legend Straight and MO Meerschaum Mark Twain Straight.Tobacco... H&H Marquee WhiteKnight Lane Bulk 1-Q Lane Bulk HGLPeter St. 24 NougatPeterson University FlakeI think, anyways. Forgot what being a noob was like ;) Maduro?! Oscuro?! AHHHHHH
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I smoke a pipe when I know I don't have time for a cigar...of on them crappy days when your stuck inside and don't want everything to smell like a cigar
    Money can't buy taste
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Yep. Pipes smell better than cigars to me. Im really getting into this hobby.
    One God, One Truth
    roland_7707:
    Yep. Pipes smell better than cigars to me. Im really getting into this hobby.
    I seem to be getting les flack from my wife about the smell on my clothes LOL, But I still love the Cigars bro!!!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    You did...what?! Looks like as for pipes...Missouri Meerschaum Legend Straight and MO Meerschaum Mark Twain Straight.Tobacco... H&H Marquee WhiteKnight Lane Bulk 1-Q Lane Bulk HGLPeter St. 24 NougatPeterson University FlakeI think, anyways. Forgot what being a noob was like ;) Maduro?! Oscuro?! AHHHHHH
    Hahahaha this is perpetually me with pipe tobacco. After several years and more books, forum posts, articles, reviews, and videos about cigars than I can remember, I just have NO motivation to put the same work into pipe tobacco.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨