Home General Discussion

Sometimes a cigar is worth more than words.

So I feel dumb. Most days I prefer to light my cigar with a few good wood matches. Well mid conversation I decide to light up a Ashton import I'd had gotten earlier that day. Opting to not disrupt the flow of conversation I snipped the end pulled outb The trusty torch and...set the cigar down for a minute. Mid conversation I picked it back up and began to light it. Well mid-sent my friend looks down and says dont you ushualy light it the other way. Looking down confused I notice oops I lit the dang thing backwards. Still wasn't a bad smoke tho eh. It was a mild cigar so I guess you could say it was a....blonde moment! Huh? Huh??????

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've almost done that a time or two. Alcohol may have been involved.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens, Lol
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Were the flavors backwards? ;) Been there... done that. :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Ouch! You see, I waited all day for my h.upmann 1844 Reserve corona on the car ride home from the studio where I was working. Plugged.

I had some words for that cigar. Oh well, it's out on 77 North now.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch man sorry to hear on both accounts, the plugged cigar as well as accidentally lighting it backwards. Can't say I've done that on a cigar before but I've done it many a time on cigarettes before I quite smoking em, funny shizz right there lol
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Soooooo much better to try to light it backwards than to try to smoke it backwards after it's lit. Not that I've done that...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Soooooo much better to try to light it backwards than to try to smoke it backwards after it's lit. Not that I've done that...
    Yea, me either! And I also never lit the satin band on the foot! Well not often anyway!
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    lol At the b&m last night some guy did the same. Bought the stick, walked to the lounge, then came back a minute later saying he lit the wrong end. Laughs were had by all :p
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    Haha ouch! While my wife fiance tells me I put my foot in my mouth way too often i try to not keel it literal!. Haven't tried to smoke the backwards lit end ;) but the flavors were a bit backwards went from med to bland fast! I'll defently pay attention more often now..unless of course alchols involved then all bets are off! Might try to light both ends and smoke the middle!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have almost nearly completely stuck the lit end in my mouth after having set it down and came back to the ashtray from the opposite side. And, it was dark. And, I was drinking.