Home General Discussion

We all have to make choices...

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
So this month I gave up my cigar budget because I needed a new woodworking router. And then today I saw the new LFD box packed with a beer stein. I want that really bad...but alas not this month.

What, if any, cigar purchases did you not make that you now regret?
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Monday.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was short on cash and didn't buy any Tennessee Waltz. Seems like everybody really liked them. That's the most recent one I can recall.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any La Palina Goldie release that I miss. Bought a box of the No. 5's, but missed the other two releases. Now I'm down to less than half of a box of the 5's and sad since they are in the top 5 cigars I've ever smoked. Hence why missing getting a box of any of those releases I regret.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    So this month I gave up my cigar budget because I needed a new woodworking router. And then today I saw the new LFD box packed with a beer stein. I want that really bad...but alas not this month.

A box of Padron 44's maduro. sighhh
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    So this month I gave up my cigar budget because I needed a new woodworking router.
    What router are you getting???

I guess one good thing about not using my wood shop is I have been spending all the money I used to spend on woodworking has gone to cigars. I really do miss my shop and not to brag but man I got a great shop and loved being out there. Once my kids get older I'll be back to making saw dust but right now any free time I get in the shop I am smokeing a cigar or making sure the rust stays away from all the cast iron tools.
    FireRob:
    Echambers:
    So this month I gave up my cigar budget because I needed a new woodworking router.

I guess one good thing about not using my wood shop is I have been spending all the money I used to spend on woodworking has gone to cigars. I really do miss my shop and not to brag but man I got a great shop and loved being out there. Once my kids get older I'll be back to making saw dust but right now any free time I get in the shop I am smokeing a cigar or making sure the rust stays away from all the cast iron tools.
    I'd love to see some of the work you did before you put that hobby on hold bro, bet it was impressive!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    90+ Irishman:
    FireRob:
    Echambers:

I'd love to see some of the work you did before you put that hobby on hold bro, bet it was impressive!
    Eh not really. Some where in the off topic is a thread I think Walt started a "I made this" thread. EDIT- it has been bumped for you
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Bosch 1617EVSPK Plunge/Fixed Base Router.

I lost quite a few tools in my divorce so am trying to rebuild me shop a bit. I love building things and haven't had a chance to do much of that lately. Looking forward to getting back in it.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers:

I'm goons blow your a$$ up my friend!!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Echambers:

Like you didn't see that coming! Bahahaaahaaaa!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Puff_Dougie:
    Bigshizza:
    Echambers:

SNORT!!! Hahahahahah
    Puff_Dougie:
    Bigshizza:
    Echambers:

Yea there was way too many specifics included in the OP to not find someone who was going to take care of business
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Echambers:

Lol
    Bigshizza:
    Echambers:

umm....no....
    FireRob:
    90+ Irishman:
    FireRob:
    Echambers:

Eh not really. Some where in the off topic is a thread I think Walt started a "I made this" thread. EDIT- it has been bumped for you
    Thanks man!
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Monday.
    Fine, nobody asked. As already evidenced in the thread (Shizz) I predict the item described in the OP will arrive on his doorstep Monday lol
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    No_one21:
    Monday.
    Fine, nobody asked. As already evidenced in the thread (Shizz) I predict the item described in the OP will arrive on his doorstep Monday lol
    Ah! I thought you meant you'd missed Mondays Deal.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    No_one21:
    Monday.
    I was going to see if you would expand on this. Boom for EC
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    90+ Irishman:
    Any La Palina Goldie release that I miss. Bought a box of the No. 5's, but missed the other two releases. Now I'm down to less than half of a box of the 5's and sad since they are in the top 5 cigars I've ever smoked. Hence why missing getting a box of any of those releases I regret.
    I may know someone, who knows a guy, who may have seen all 3 Goldies recently. Which one are you looking for?
    amz1301:
    90+ Irishman:
    I may know someone, who knows a guy, who may have seen all 3 Goldies recently. Which one are you looking for?
    Andy bro you may just be my hero! I would be looking for either, but probably the newest one of the Laguito Especiales. I should make note however that with my recent bourbon purchases and the purchases I'm about to do to bomb several brothers I won't be able to afford it and likely won't be able to until the summer.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    Bigshizza:
    Echambers:

umm....no....
    INTRASTATE CARNAGE!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    Echambers:
    Bigshizza:
    Echambers:

umm....no....
    INTRASTATE CARNAGE!! I LOVE IT!!!!!
    Loved Eric's response, simple and to the point BWAHAHAHAHA. Jim, I think Eric just called you out and said he ain't even worried. At least that's how I read it and decided to twist it to suit my sense of humor ;)
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    I was short on cash and didn't buy any Tennessee Waltz. Seems like everybody really liked them. That's the most recent one I can recall.

had to buy about $400 in meds so I didn't buy XXXXXX. Go figure.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are too many to list.
    I think we all go through bouts where we have to flip the coin to see where the money will go and cigars often take a back seat.

Unfortunately, that seems to be too often for me.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Shizz.. PM
    Jetmech_63:
    Shizz.. PM
    Replied FTW
    Bigshizza:
    Jetmech_63:
    Shizz.. PM
    Replied FTW
    replied
    Jetmech_63:
    Bigshizza:
    Jetmech_63:
    Shizz.. PM
    Replied FTW
    replied
    Give me time and I promise I am going to *** you up.
    ROFLMBO!!!!!
    Jetmech_63:
    ROFLMBO!!!!!
    Bwahahahahahahaha