Home General Discussion

Cutter down! Repeat we have a cutter down

Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
Damn my new cutter is broke, not sure how it happened was working the last time I seen it, then found it on the table all sorts of beat up, tried to fix it but not with out some major work, guess it's back to my old cutter. Sad day :(
The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of cutter is it?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Yep if it's Xikar you'll get a replacement
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xikar endorsement: When I first started smoking cigars I avoided using a guillotine cutter because the only ones I had experienced were cheap and I mangled the cigar with them. A few of the freebie ones even fell apart while I was using them. I'm lucky I still have all my fingers. So, I ended up using a punch almost exclusively. But, I was lucky to have a friend let me try his xikar xi2. I learned right then what a good cutter was. Soon I got my own xi2 and another and another. And every time I try to use lesser cutters, I'm reminded how much easier the cutting experience is with a xi. And they don't seem to loose any edge over time. My oldest one cuts just like the first time. Plus if you break it they replace it.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    rsherman24:
    Yep if it's Xikar you'll get a replacement
    i think palio has a decent warranty too.

@Big''nBall''n --- i'd suggest checking with the merchant you bought it from and see about a replacement. if you don't get any traction with them contact the manufacturer and see if they'll replace it under warranty.

if it's just a "cheap-o" cutter, good luck probably won't have much luck....but the "larger" manufacturers mentioned above offer good warranties.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry been a long work week! it is a Colibri I got it in a bomb from a BOTL. I was thinking about hitting up the wood store and seeing if I can rebuild it.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a Xikar when you can. Lifetime warranty can't be beat.
    Ill have to look into them!
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xikar is well worth the cost and you will find lots of stories around here to back them up. Recently I dropped one of my punch cutters off the bar (obviously drunk) and put a big dent in the blade. Sent it back to them and within a week I had a brand new one delivered.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Did you use it to cut cello?
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Win
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Hehhehehehe
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    Rain:
    Hehhehehehe
    TOW FTW
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    No cello cut it was a mystery either kids or washing machine.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big''nBall''n:
    I read a blog post or some kinda post where a guy was testing (messing around with) his guillotine cutter by rolling up a sheet of paper and cutting through it. It broke his cutter. So, if your kids were using it to cut off action figure body parts,.................
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Big''nBall''n:
    I read a blog post or some kinda post where a guy was testing (messing around with) his guillotine cutter by rolling up a sheet of paper and cutting through it. It broke his cutter. So, if your kids were using it to cut off action figure body parts,.................
    Lmao Bob yeah that would do it. I can just see it now.... "I wonder what would happen if we took Daddy's cigar toy and played with it on Stretch Armstrong's arms....???"
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."