Home General Discussion

Cigar Tracker

I'm looking for a way to track and grade my cigars. I'm new to enjoying a cigar. I have been getting the "samplers" to find my stick of joy.
Any help would be great...

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In short, in your head what is good or not. Longer use a spread sheet and list every cigar you have smoked.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    Im fairly new, so idk if this is the best way but I have made a small notebook where I do a personal review of each cigar I smoke. Personal notes How I lit it.every thing I tasted, how it Burnes, wrapper notes, and what I paired it with. Etc then store it with the band tape next to it. Nothing spectacular just a tiny pocket notebook.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an app called Cigar Boss that's pretty nice. Probably others, too.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They make hard backed cigar dossiers.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Crousefer:
    Im fairly new, so idk if this is the best way but I have made a small notebook where I do a personal review of each cigar I smoke. Personal notes How I lit it.every thing I tasted, how it Burnes, wrapper notes, and what I paired it with. Etc then store it with the band tape next to it. Nothing spectacular just a tiny pocket notebook.
    CI has a page you can print and do just what you said, itr has all kinds of different categories, I too am catalouging, at least until I narrow down which ones are worth re-buying
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a spreadsheet. Store it on Google Drive so I can access it from my cell phone or any computer. I track size, quantity, where it's stored, single cigar price, whether I'm saving it to age or can smoke it, wrapper type, filler, description from ccom, my husband's rating and thoughts and my rating and thoughts. This really helped me to start seeing patterns in our tastes and to recognize when people say a cigar has this or that notes to it whether or not I might like it. Oddly enough, the notes I thought sounded really good to me, weren't really the cigars I was liking the most.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taste is subjective so I try to read several people's takes on it to see if there are a few notes that are communally mentioned by all to get a better take on it. Mainly though I stick witch manufacturers and blenders that consistently make my favorite blends etc, that way if I see that it is them that blended or made the stick there is pretty much a solid chance that it will be something I seriously dig. I keep it simple now though, used to be much much deeper about it earlier on.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a console in my old truck full of cigar bands. I had plans to use them to remind me of my preferences. Had. In fact I have multiple stashes of cigar bands. I have no notebook. I have no app. I can barely remember the names of more than five favorite cigars in my head at one time. I say all this to encourage anybody reading this to, at the very least, keep an active running list of your personal top ten. Because at this point, if pressed for an answer, I could maybe utter six preferences. But, how many more have slipped my mind?
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some good online humidor apps these days. I use one that I can update from my laptop or an iOS or Android app. You enter a date and some notes about where you got it. Once you get into the habit of entering new cigars you get and removing cigars you smoke, it becomes part of your smoking routine.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    From a mobile standpoint, Cigar Geeks ($3-4 I think) is fantastic.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    I use one called cedar its simple snap a pic make a note and rate it found it on iTunes
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    From a mobile standpoint, Cigar Geeks ($3-4 I think) is fantastic.
    This^

I find it very useful because not only are esoteric vitola names and sizes listed by company, but I can pick what stick I want to smoke from my inventory without digging through my humi and destroying my humidity. It's very easy to keep up with once you get your sticks entered.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico