Home Non Cigar Related

The problem with the digital age

ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
We recently fired a new hire within her first week...actually, she didn't even make it through her first week. She dropped the F bomb multiple times, called one of our owners a **** and lied to our patients among other things within her first 2 days of employment. Immediately following her dismissal she recruited her sister, who has never utilized our services btw, to leave a negative review on our Google+ page. Thankfully, her sister realize her mistake and removed the review, but another friend left us a 1 star review. She has also never visited our office. Unfortunately, Google did not find any violations of their review policy and cannot remove the review. Trolls are everywhere in the digital era. Beware!
East Side 2015
KLMOW Badge 8/2014
Team Trident 2014

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Lame, sorry to hear that man.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Man, that sucks! I know the truth of that for sure, though - the digital age has been the blessing and the curse of the travel industry. I can recall at least two times from when I was managing in a hotel in California where guests (upon checkout) tried to blackmail me into comping their stay by threatening to blast the hotel on social media (no problems during their stay, mind you, just really sh!tty people). Sites like TripAdvisor and the like has everybody thinking they're a professional critic, and now I get pompous 20 y/o kids renting my tourist apartments and trying to nitpick everything in a review just to make themselves feel more sophisticated. Rawrghhhh sorry to threadjack.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    If it's on the internet it must be true, bon jour .
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    If it's on the internet it must be true, bon jour .
    The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine. — Abraham Lincoln

When in doubt, attribute internet quotes to Mark Twain. — Mark Twain

The greatest thing about Facebook, is that you can quote something and totally make up the source. — George Washington

A woman can have a smile, and a woman can have a large backside, but I have been to the mountain and I am here to tell you that when a woman has both of those things she is not to be trusted. — Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Dude, I never said half the *** people attribute to my name, lolz. — Mark Twain

The internet fabrication of Oscar Wilde quotes is among the noblest of endeavors. — Oscar Wilde

Wear sunscreen. — Count Dracula

On the Internet, nobody knows you’re not quoting me. — Genghis Khan

Behind every great man there stands a great woman. Behind every great woman is a great behind. — Bill Clinton

I once killed a man for snoring too loudly. — Gandhi

Rumors of my wit have been greatly exaggerated. — Ben Bernanke

A fish in the bush is worth two in the pants. — Benjamin Franklin

Laugh loudly and carry a big stick of butter. — Paula Deen

Who's on first are belong to us. — Bud Abbott & Lou Costello

We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false! — Rush Limbaugh

That's not a quote! This is a quote! — Crocodile Dundee

Give a man a free hand and he'll run it all over you. — Albert Einstein

I've got a bad feeling about this. — Albert Camus

One bad Google+ rating is one too many already! — Caesar Augustus

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OOPS
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the new word of mouth but, the mouth never shuts.

Keyboard Warriors and Computer Commandos.

Hit and run, they never have to stand to what they post, and after they have posted they are all smiles and patting themselves on the back, "What a wonderful person I am...and sooo smart" never realizing for a second they are spineless cowards, who would never in a million years say something in public or to someones face.....

And the "F" bomb.......everywhere you go. Why? I am so tired of hearing it I tune out anyone who uses it. It is not the space between words---it is a word, and it does not need to be used. Are people so UN-educated or ignorant or stupid it is the only word they can remember?
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I read somewhere, not on the internet, that the f-word came from jolly old England. Back in the day sex between unmarried couples was illegal, or frowned upon by The Church, and called "Unlawful Carnal Knowledge". It was abbreviated to UCK on some documents. People were then charged "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" hence the f-word was born. I have no idea if this is really true but it's an amusing story, WTF I'll believe it for now.
    Someone said that the internet/social media is like the old bathroom walls, who was that, Dennis Miller. I miss the bathroom wall posts, and even posted myself, but then you had to know cursive writing lol.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Why would you NOT drop an f bomb?
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    I read somewhere, not on the internet, that the f-word came from jolly old England. Back in the day sex between unmarried couples was illegal, or frowned upon by The Church, and called "Unlawful Carnal Knowledge". It was abbreviated to UCK on some documents. People were then charged "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" hence the f-word was born. I have no idea if this is really true but it's an amusing story, WTF I'll believe it for now.
    LOL I've heard that story too, long time ago. No idea if it's true either (I'd doubt it, really), but creative and funny nonetheless.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread!,.... F#ckin'!,.... Jacked!