Home Non Cigar Related

Snow Day

The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
Getting some snow up here, any other brothers/sisters got a snow day?

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Living in the midwest, I rarely get a chance to brag about our weather, so....It was 55 degrees yesterday and right around the same for today.
    Enjoy your day off, George.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were supposed to, but only got a couple inches. Just enough to make you shovel and still go to work.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got an unexpected 5" over the weekend. Another 1/2" today. I like snow.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like there's been a light snow falling for two days, but it didn't amount to much. Roads were a bit dicey on the way to work today, but I made it.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    Living in the midwest, I rarely get a chance to brag about our weather, so....It was 55 degrees yesterday and right around the same for today.

Thanks Charlie, I will, taking tomorrow off too supposed to be over sometime tonight. When I was young, dumb and full of "****", I would have been out in this crap, heading to the beach for high tide.
    Try and get some pics up later, at least it's fluffy snow. Already drifted half up my doors on the 4runner.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Nope. Supposed to be 67 today. Sorry.
    One God, One Truth
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Looking at the 2+ feet that fell overnight, with 24 more hours of Snowmaggedon to go.

That's the football gods punishing us New Englanders for Inflategate. :)
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    CharlieHeis:

Thanks Charlie, I will, taking tomorrow off too supposed to be over sometime tonight. When I was young, dumb and full of "****", I would have been out in this crap, heading to the beach for high tide.

High tide?? You a surfer?
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y2K was worse than this
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i would kill for a snow day at this point.

I hate winters that are 45-35 degrees with no snow and just cold **** rain. What's the point of winter if you aren't going to get snow?
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supposed to get hit with a big storm tomorrow here, will update with pics if it happens.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Nothing runs like a Deere, I hope.

Nice and fluffy, maybe 2 feet by now. Still snowin and blowin, little more to go. I'm done for today, give that man a cigar.
    letsgowithbob:
    The3Stogies:
    CharlieHeis:

High tide?? You a surfer?

Nope not a surfer, just liked to see extreme high tides that go with these storms. Hurricanes we would run the sea wall between waves. Not too smart really, much safer at home smoking a cigar.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Currently 66 here at The Pass. Supposed to reach 70 manana.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We dodged the bullet here in the NC high country. Just a light dusting but still 18 degrees. The ski slope folks are making snow. Got to fill the bird feeders twice a day. No snow days for me no matter how much we get. Seven days a week I'm up the hill in my studio feeding the woodstove and making something.