Home General Discussion

Possibly adding lights to the BFH

WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
When I designed the BFH, I made sure to hook up one of the inside electirc outlets to the display lights switch just in case I could add lights later that would turn on with the overheads. There was nothing reasonable IMO on the market at the time but assumed later there would be. And it would be easy to add them and still have all the lights turn on at once.

I believe I have found the lights. I ordered the starter kit over the weekend and expect them to arrive tomorrow. They are LED lights mounted on a flexible piece of "tape." My understanding is that the Starter kit comes with two 24" strips. That would be enough to fit on the underside of one of my shelves to light up the shelf directly below.

Additional Expansion Kits can be daisy chained off the Starter Kit. So I'll install this first one on the next shelf from the bottom and see how it works. If so, I'll daisy chain the rest of the shelves off it. Massive illumination. I'll post pics in the I Made This thread if it works out.

Comments

• ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    I think it would look really nice. cant wait to see the picts and be all jelly
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the brand of lights you are using? You have a cutsheet on them?

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    matkn293:
    What is the brand of lights you are using? You have a cutsheet on them?
    They're called Sylvania Mosaic Flexible LED Light Kit. http://www.lowes.com/pd_406058-3-72350_0__?productId=3881681&Ntt= will get you there
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks pretty good. The remote and the color changing are nice features. Does not show if it has extender cord so that you can just run the lights on the shelving with the cords in between. If it for some reason does not work out let me know. I know of another product that will work great. However, it does not have a remote and is only in white light. Will allow the dead space with extender cords. I put it in my winedor but still have been too lazy to get the proper 12vdc relay so the come on with the switch on the front of the winedor.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Mat. Will keep you updated.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walt, if u don't mind pm me where u located the lights please. Love the humi, very talented.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for brett... these lights. There is a pic on the last page of bfh thread
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Gray :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."